Box office futures

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Bob111, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Bob111

Bob111

2. Market is way too easy to manipulate.

3. go long anything directed by james cameron or micheal bay.

4. masonyes

masonyes

It's a novel idea; why do you say the markets can be easily manipulated?

5. This is what will happen.

Cameron is expected to direct a new movie so everyone buys those futures. Cameron and his posse start selling futures and then Cameron quits pre-production. The movie futures drop like a rock, Cameron covers and goes long and tells everyone he had a change of heart and will direct the movie after all. The price skyrockets again.

6. Sanaz3

Sanaz3

7. masonyes

masonyes

Gambling on the box office is novel; you know original not seen before.

8. Its actually a genius idea, seriously. Now I'm sure there will be some regulation as to who can play these markets so there will be minimum manipulation.

9. I think it's a fantastic idea. Would have loved to have been able to Short Couples Retreat. I would have made a fortune. Now if there is a way to read the script before making the trade, that would be even better.

10. Pekelo

Pekelo

Yeah, the guy with the 2 biggest box office hits under his belt is going to manipulate the futures. :)

On the other hand, filmproducers could hedge their big production costs by buying puts on the movie, also known as insurance, because that's what options were originally invented for...

#10     Jun 13, 2010