"Bowling for Columbine"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nitro, Sep 19, 2003.

1. I use to be pro gun....but i have changed as a result of too many postal and columbines.....If A guy waks into our building ( like at all tech ) and starts swinging a club or a Knife...your chances of survival are pretty good.....if he comes in with a shotgun or hand gun...you have to wait for him to reload and then run...but when they get these automatic weapons...your dead....i want a fighting chance...Its very naive to say " keep them out of the hands of whackos".....almost EVERY single mass shooting starts with " what went wrong with mild mannered and quite John david struts".....true, some have a history of mental illness, but many do not......here is what i have been proposing for quite some time:

1 year amnesty period....all guns get turned in ...unless your a cop or soldier, no handguns....

If you are pulled over or found to have a handgun....six months in jail no parole no exceptions

If you use a handgun in any crime or threatening manner...10 years, no parole

If you fire the weapon that your not supposed to have in a crime....life in prison, end of story

If you are found even possessing an automatic or high powered weapon...1o years no parole, even if it was in your trunk

NYC has a handgun law but so far the only person they ever prosecuted for it ......was Bernie Goetz....we need to start actually enforcing laws and making it a hazard to carny one.

BTW Michael Moore is a big fat ass:D

#21     Sep 19, 2003
  2. maxpi

maxpi

These school shooters are the biggest pieces of chicken shit I have ever heard of. They only attack unarmed populations of people that typically haven't done much of anything to deserve it and are not defended at all. If they survive they should have more than their dope cut off.

#22     Sep 19, 2003
  3. And if you put 10 rats in a 10 gallon tank guess what happens:)

You're right though, it was worth the time.

#23     Sep 19, 2003
  4. Not naive, just tongue in cheek. It's way too easy to get a gun in the US, that's my point. Just go to Wal Mart and ask the 15 year old behind the counter to give you the shotgun and some shells. Waiting periods and background checks are a good first step EVERYWHERE that guns are bought and sold. The point is that very few people that are going hunting (for deer and ducks) just drop into Wal Mart on the morning of the hunt in their camoflauge and ask for the rifle they'll use that day. I can see where some pissed off WACKO goes into Wal Mart and is ready to go hunting (for people, or his boss, or "whore girlfriend") and will buy the gun on the day of the hunt.

Common sense.

And as for punishing people that aren't careful with their guns, I'm all for it. Maybe not life in prison though:D

#24     Sep 19, 2003
  5. You wish you knew what you were talking about.

How about if he comes at you 60 mph in his car?

Also you are a wussbag. Someone is trying to shoot you, is "reloading", so you run? How about kicking his ass?

#25     Sep 19, 2003
  6. The U.N. study we are talking about gives violent crimes per capita. England and Australia took the lead after they made it illegal for law abiding citizens to have weapons. Like I said, it's OK with me if you keep ignoring the evidence. I'm well armed and have the 2nd Amendment to make sure I stay well armed.

#26     Sep 19, 2003
  7. Damn TM, Dick sure is spewing a lot of smack for a Friday. I'll tell you what, if the guy missed and he's reloading his MUSKET, I'll just bum rush the fool. Otherwise, I'll leave the ass kicking to you because I'm outgunned and I'll just assume he's a good shot. No point in finding out the hard way!

#27     Sep 19, 2003
  8. To all the English, I especially liked the story a few months back about those kids arrested, taken down to the station, and fingerprinted for playing "James Bond" with a toy gun. It's important to quash such behavior at an early age.

#28     Sep 19, 2003
  9. Don't take my word for it, read this article.

Jeez, I'm so forgetful, I forgot to mention Canada also tops the U.S. in violent crimes per capita.

#29     Sep 19, 2003
  10. As long as there are countries with higher crime rates, who cares if we shoot each other.

#30     Sep 19, 2003