Bounce in Gold this week now over?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by formikatrading, Jan 22, 2004.

1. looks like we will be all over the place this week

MER 's FX strategy head said that
    if the markets push the Euro higher , we would be that much closer to central bank intervention

#31     Feb 8, 2004
  2. Dollar probably gaps a bit, but if it reverses down, I think that you have the beginning of a major move lower.

#32     Feb 8, 2004
  3. Barclay's (of Ishares fame) announced Friday that they applied for an ETF based on gold -- anyone know what's going with the first gold-based security (GLD i think) that was supposed to be out early this year?

#33     Feb 8, 2004
  4. Europe and USA trade in next 4 - 10 hours

<Dollar probably gaps a bit, but if it reverses down, I think that you have the beginning of a major move lower.>

PS ... who is the slowpoke who is bidding higher in mini silver?

I am all over him ...

#34     Feb 8, 2004
  5. I'm best bid in gold for june delivery. Anyone wanna tag me?

This prick keeps moving up the offer every time I up.

This is the bottom clearly in gold.

No idea on that gold ETF. They haven't filed any more SEC docs in months.

#35     Feb 8, 2004
  6. #36     Feb 10, 2004
  7. the EUR down the toilet today

not down so much from yesterdays close , but way off the highs

#37     Feb 13, 2004
  8. I watched the currencies for an hour before the open and the euro was basically unchanged at the 128 level. After the trade imbalance and sentiment numbers the euro moved over 129.The xau moved up 2 points to 104.5. Then ,about an hour into the session, the euro started retracing and ended the day at 127 and change.The xau and gold retraced in mirroring the euro's decline.I'm not certain if there are technicals involved with the euro 128-129 level, but its seems pretty obvious, considering the news of the day,that the dollar was being propped up, big time.Seems as though the brakes are still being applied.Not the ideal situation for us,but there 's enough volatility to have easy trading days.Will be watching the currencies Tuesdays preopen for additional opportunities.Goodluck.

#38     Feb 13, 2004
  9. tuna

tuna

Might be one to watch..Pretty close to breakout...crap volume tho and on OTC,I don't hold I'm over in CDE

#39     Feb 17, 2004
  10. Any gold watchers here know what the link to CB gold holdings are?

I'm guessing it's somewhere on the BIS site.

#40     Feb 18, 2004