Bought some YUM (KFC, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, Habit Burger) today...

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Cabin111, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Cabin111

Cabin111

Was looking for something stable and boring...That could go through a recession.

Both KFC and Taco Bell are coming out with fake meat products...They don't taste good to me. I've had gastric bypass (16 years ago) and my sense of smell and taste is very sensitive. But many people are going to meatless products. I don't know if they will consider these restaurants/fast food.

Bought 100 shares at $124.74 Then did a covered call for the Jan 23 $135.00...I got $7.00 ($700.) for it. It also has about a 1.5% dividend...Nothing to write home about.

murray t turtle and comagnum like this.
  2. USDJPY

USDJPY

Yum!

3. Both KFC and Taco Bell are coming out with fake meat products...

Funny thing is, people claim their current meat already is fake. I guess that wont be much a change/challenge :)

I'm curious why you went for YUM over ticker QSR?

QSR includes BurgerKing, and many others. I was actually looking at QSR just last night because of Popeyes.

4. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

i like yum long term

just bot a wee bit o F PTON SPCE in addition to lots of inverses

5. Cabin111

Cabin111

Just my thoughts...No great insight or market studies. Burger King quality (taste) is not as good as Habit Burger. I don't think BK has good tasting coffee (which brings people to the location). Popeyes is growing, but people will try and eat more healthy one of these days. Yeah, Pizza Hut/KFC is even worse!! YUM is international...Added revenue source. I've never eaten at a Tim Hortons. It just seems like QSR are closing locations rather than expanding...Am I wrong??

Concerning chicken...It seems like everyone is coming out with a quality chicken sandwich (McDonald's, KFC, Popeyes, Wendy's). I don't know who will win the "chicken war"...But KFC should be in the mix. Also, it seems like YUM has good established locations...Just me.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
    murray t turtle likes this.
  6. Wendy's is on my shit-list of things to avoid. Just about everyone who studies financials I've come across used to tell me to avoid it. IIRC they also had some serious debt issues.

But personally, when people think of going to a fast-food joint, it's usually either McDonalds, or BK. Very rarely does anyone ever want to volunteer for Wendy's, unless it's the only local junk-food store nearby.

Last time I went there, I told myself NEVER AGAIN. Their stuff was so micro-sized compared to what was advertised in the photo (yes I know people say all of them do that), but it seemed they were the worst, and the prices were insane.

7. in my opinion, I'd avoid the consumer discretionary stocks like NKE,SBUX,MCD,TJX,DIS, XLY for the time being.
    I'm waiting for the energy sector settled down.

8. %%
    Good brands/good taste.
    Me I like100% whole wheat +dont know if that's available there. MOST in USA buy food for taste, not nutrition , though that could change..........................:caution::caution: