Bought more RING in my ROTH IRA today...

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by Cabin111, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Cabin111

Cabin111

Gold mining ETF...Over 1/2 of one percent on the dividend. Looking for tax free income...Hard to find with these new highs in the markets. Bought 100 shares at $27.52...Did one covered call for the July 21 $29.00. I got $2.70 ($270.) for it. Just a place to park money for now.

2. A 50D call that's 8 months out paying 2.70 and a 0.5% dividend? I'm trying to figure out how that makes any sense, when there's a number of bluechips offering much better than that, especially since RING has been circling the drain ever since the 'rona crash.

E.g., I was holding a couple of lots of IBM until recently, and it just paid a $1.63 dividend (5.43% yield.) July 21 50D calls are marking 8.82. Not my favorite stock - in fact, I just got out of it - but a decent example of what's available.

3. Cabin111

Cabin111

I had about $3,500. in the money market account...Earning .01%. I needed something that required 100 share, to do a covered call. I could have went with Wells Fargo or BP. With the government printing money this is a wait and see. More social unrest and RING should do fine...

4. Cabin111

Cabin111

RING RING RING RING RING RING RING...Banana phone!!

Was thinking about this ETF again...Didn't want to restart a new thread. It now pays a 2.31% dividend. I currently have 200 shares in my Roth IRA...The options expired worthless.

Was just thinking, this is a way to try an play gold with income. Gain the income (dividend). Then wait for gold to rise (when the cows come home)!! But, when gold rises, do a covered call on these share.

It takes a lot of patience with gold/silver. In some ways, I have to hide/block my emotions on these, more than other trades...

murray t turtle likes this.
  5. Overnight

Overnight

That was total Overnight bait. You jerk. :)

6. Cabin111

Cabin111

Please drop it and use the original song...It's so much better. When I would go to the one minor league game per year, they would play this song for a pitching change!!

7. Overnight

Overnight

8. %%
    RING= good uptrend on most all time frames:caution::caution: