Bought IAT...Regional banks

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by Cabin111, Jan 10, 2022.

1. Cabin111

Cabin111

Just 100 shares in our trust. I bought it today for $67.69...Then did a covered call for the July 22 $69. I got $4.40 for the option. It also has over a 2% dividend. I've been waiting for Citi (C) to drop...But it hasn't for a week. I'll wait and see on that one too...

Peter8519 and fan27 like this.
  2. I heard you should buy Bitcoin

3. maxinger

maxinger

uptrend started in Apr 2020 when the price was around 22.
    Now it is at a record high 67.

I guess you only buy when the price breaks a record high / when things are very expensive.
    This is the simplest investment strategy.
    Will such investors be able to bring home the bacon?

The other way to look at it is that you have missed so many boats.
    where were you over the past 1.5 years?
    Those who bought IAT earlier are able to bring home the bacon and
    are laughing all the way to the bank.

Good luck.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
  4. Cabin111

Cabin111

I've made good profits over the years. You can look at my posts...They are mostly up and doing quite well thank you.

So if you had $10,000. to invest and hold (stocks or ETF)...Where would you put it?? Speak up please...China, QQQ, Tesla, Avis/Budget???

I put these on here to give ideas. You/others do not need to run with them. My cost basis in July, if it expires out of the money (plus dividend, option money, and interest [compounding interest from dividend, option money]) will be about $62. with more options to write and move dividends to come!!

Don't throw rocks if you own a glass house...

5. fan27

fan27

If rates continue to rise financials could have a massive move ahead!

6. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

how many shares of IAT did you buy in April 2020? Is that how you bought that lambo?
    Or are you a hindsight trader and the lambo is as imaginary as your fills?

do you compare all your current purchases to where the stocks were in March 2009?

7. Cabin111

Cabin111

That money came from a covered call I did on Oracle that got called away (made good money)...I needed to reinvest it. My wife and I own regional banks already...Just wanted some more exposure. Not crazy at all.

Some of our biggest investments are things like; ADM, Coke (KO), Royce Family of Funds (RMT, RVT, RGT). Chart those since 2009 (boring and stable...Include dividends)...See how they have done. Those don't even come into most people's radar...

8. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

the comment was directed to maxinger who has apparently put me on block.

Cabin111 likes this.
  9. Cabin111

Cabin111

Didn't buy Citi...Even with their poor earnings, it didn't drop much.

But, I picked up another ETF in financials...FNCL. I had an open buy (for 60 days) on this one...It has Citi in it's top 10 holdings. I bought it for $57.96 (100 shares) in my trust account...It closed at $58.22. If it rises a bit, I will do a covered call for maybe the $61. We'll see...My wife says "NO MORE FINANCIALS"!! So we will look in other areas for value...