Bought Bidu In The Premarket, Going Up Up Up!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by blowingup2012, Apr 25, 2012.

1. What's YOUR time frame and I'll show you the trend.

#11     Apr 25, 2012

2. Yes, it depends on your Timeframe.
    But I got the impression you were buying and holding for a while.
    If that's true, I'd read the charts like this:

AAPL has been in an Uptrend for 3 years.
    BIDU was in an Uptrend, but has been in a Trading Range for 1.5 years.
    DANG was in a Downtrend, but has been going sideways for 8 months.

So I was incorrect, you're not against the Trend in BIDU and DANG, because they're currently not Trending.

Anyway, I'm not trying to be negative. If you prove me wrong and make some $, that's fine by me. Good luck.
    :)

#12     Apr 25, 2012
  3. Here's a simple test:

Here is an intra-day chart of BIDU.

[​IMG]

Is the INTRA-DAY trend:

A). UP
    B). DOWN
    C). SIDEWAYS
    D). CAN NOT DETERM1NE FROM THE INFORMATION PRESENTED

(THERE IS ONLY ONE CORRECT ANSWER)

#13     Apr 25, 2012
  4. Let me be clear, Im going to buy and hold BIDU...buy and hold DANG...and short AAPL until I am confident either that I am wrong or we are at a turning point. I do have a system and will tell you right here in this thread when I believe that turning point to be which could be the next day or several days or weeks.

#14     Apr 25, 2012
  5. Totally :cool:

#15     Apr 25, 2012
  6. On that ^ chart the correct answer is up.

--

Here is NFLX from nov, 25th 2011

is the intraday trend

a) up
    b) down
    c) none
    d) trick question
    e) both up and down at the same time

There is only ONE correct answer

#16     Apr 25, 2012
  7. I think you'll likely be right on 2/3 from the long side and can make some nice money. I think you are dead wrong on appl from the short side.

I say aapl will be trading 650 within a week from today 4/25 (earnings day) probably sooner

#17     Apr 25, 2012
  8. Let me ask you some questions.

1) The United Kingdom is officially in a recession today after a bad GDP report. The US will report their GDP on Friday. Here is a historical chart of the GDP year over year in bar format. Looking at this chart and knowing that other countries are either reporting weakened GDP or negative GDP, what do you expect the next bar to be?

[​IMG]

2) Apple has a few runaway gaps in the past which have not filled, however, this is a large gap. Is their more risk going short at this level with a stop at 644 for a 5% loss or going long and setting a stop at 555 for a 9% loss? Keep in mind during the last 3 years Apple has routinely traded up against either the 20 day or 200 day moving average.

3) How much risk is going long either BIDU or DANG? BIDU is the #1 website in China and DANG is #86. Apple just completed a call where they said growth in China is incredible. BIDU is now 2 standard deviations away from the 20 day and DANG is right on the 20 day. I do think that DANG could be more oversold then it is, but for some reason its hanging on that 20 day. However, I do not believe BIDU could get any more oversold.

So lets dispense with the emotion and go with probability.

#18     Apr 25, 2012
  9. That is the most impressive, well-written, and prescient post yet in this thread. Had you started it with that type of logic, you would not have drawn the ire that has been directed toward you thus far.

Not sure what you did to make so many so bitter, but you have managed to garner the wrath of a rather large number of followers on this silly little message board.

Personally, I hope you make a ton of money on your longs, and AAPL goes bankrupt. Not sure why I feel so strongly about a particular symbol, especially since I have never bought or sold it.

Guess that is a question for "the couch"...:p

#19     Apr 25, 2012
  10. Abandon the thread that isn't working and open a new one and see how that goes? Okay I see.

This is all you need to know:

"We remain entirely prepared to take additional balance sheet actions as necessary to achieve our objectives," Bernanke told reporters. "Those tools remained very much on the table and we would not hesitate to use them should the economy require that additional support."
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/26/us-usa-fed-bernanke-idUSBRE83O0EH20120426
    "(Reuters) - Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke on Wednesday said the U.S. central bank "would not hesitate" to launch another round of bond purchases to drive borrowing costs lower if it looked like the economy needed it"
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/26/us-usa-economy-fed-idUSBRE83O0ZW20120426

Just a whiff of QE3 is all that was needed. Accomodative baby.

Blah blah for all other charts.

#20     Apr 25, 2012