Bottom Fishing

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by themickey, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Closed this at 22.70. bottom is not in yet. I'll wait on it

#31     Sep 27, 2019
    themickey likes this.
  2. vanzandt

vanzandt

What's the commission on 385,000 shares?
    Interesting trade.
    https://www.australianvanadium.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/AVL-121-presentation1.pdf

Your govt likes them. Granted "Major Project Status". Not sure what that means exactly, but it sounds good.
    https://www.minister.industry.gov.a...leases/major-project-status-boosts-wa-economy

Its gonna take a lot to move the stock though. Might as well sit on it for a few years, never know.

#32     Sep 29, 2019
  3. themickey

themickey

$19.95 comm.

Fee structure is:
    $10.00 (Up to and including $1,000)
    $19.95 (Over $1,000 up to $10,000 (inclusive))
    $29.95 (Over $10,000 up to $25,000 (inclusive))
    0.12% (Over $25,000)

Yes, I will hold as long as possible once it moves into profit, but mining is very cyclable, goes from boom to bust, so this needs to be considered.

#33     Sep 29, 2019
  4. vanzandt

vanzandt

I actually spent some time this morning looking at it lol. If it was anybody but you lol... I wouldn't have given it the time of day. As far as I can tell, they have no debt and a little cash on hand. I didn't dig real far though. 198M shares out. So you own like .195% of the company.
    I guess if they go t/u, you might walk away with a track-hoe or a dump truck maybe for your $4500. Could be worse. You can flip a hoe in Oz I suspect.

#34     Sep 29, 2019
    themickey likes this.
  5. themickey

themickey

My strategy is; after all my years of trading, imo, getting in early on an uptrend which has signs of life, ie has a pulse is my best chance. I can buy blue chips, yada yada yada and they all either bomb out or have mediocre returns - after holding for long periods. Take for example copper and lithium lately, pfffff, months sitting in doldrums and everyone raving about EV.
    I don't have energy nor inclination unfortunately to sit at a trading desk on the edge of my chair hitting a mouse button, so instead I sit on multiple positions and via sheer odds expect a positive return on selected stocks, atm 33 positions. Stocks can have both good and bad surprises, by being selective - which means doing some research, I expect the good surprises will outweigh the bad.
    As far as being a trader, I don't consider myself as good, I'm basically a duck shooter, pepper the air with buckshot and aim in a general direction where birds are flying. :)
    The skill if any is having balls to remain calm while the birds are retaliating via shitting on my head. :)
    My latest algo was an accident by creation, and it has a bent toward new trends, so hence this thread, bottom fishing, but it takes time for the market to cotton on a new uptrend has begun.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    #35     Sep 29, 2019
    canuckstuffed likes this.
  6. GME (Gamestop). 6 years of declining share price, last 2 months have been positive. I'm betting on this being a bottom. Insiders bought shares again for the first time in 6 years over the last 3 months. They've started a share buyback program and are attempting a business overhaul. Debt levels are low, and losses from last quarter seem mostly attributable to a goodwill impairment.

I'm in for 600 shares. Will add to that position at $6 and above if I see some good continuation.

#36     Sep 30, 2019
    vanzandt likes this.
  7. vanzandt

vanzandt

Or maybe.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#37     Sep 30, 2019
  8. vanzandt

vanzandt

We missed L-Brands @$16. ($LB)
    I wish I'd have seen that one.

#38     Sep 30, 2019
  9. vanzandt

vanzandt

:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Top Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: Starbucks, Splunk, PayPal, L Brands, Medtronic, Gap, Novartis and More

Published: May 25, 2018 9:10 a.m. ET

L Brands Inc. (NYSE: LB) was maintained as Overweight at Morgan Stanley and assigned a price target of $56 (versus a $35.22 close).

#39     Sep 30, 2019
  10. lol totally possible. this management seems determined to squeeze out some short term gains on the way down though. I don't think we would have seen the insider buying otherwise. I think it's a good bet.

#40     Sep 30, 2019
    vanzandt likes this.