Bottom Fishing

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by themickey, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Underperforming management at the same time the oil patch was slowing down to a crawl, and the public news that a team was coming in to straighten it all out. Cash shortage, high operating expenses. The company is a big name and does big projects. As new projects come onstream, they will be getting big contracts and big bucks for the company. Historical highs are another clue though I wouldn't expect them to ever match their high unless oil goes over $100/bbl. In the penny stock range, they are way undervalued. It would not surprise me to see them at $20 by this time next year. I am looking for $6 or so by midyear. But who knows. It's a horse race.

#21     Sep 26, 2019
    canuckstuffed likes this.
  2. Wow I just took a look and the spread is over $11 LOL! It does look like a good bet though. If it opens under $25 I will have a slice for sure. At $35 maybe only a small one. That is what I just saw the Ask at.

#22     Sep 26, 2019
  3. I'm guessing that spread is from extended hours trading. It was a few cents this morning during trading hours. If not though, damn, what the hell happened overnight.

#23     Sep 26, 2019
  4. themickey

themickey

SDA, Speedcast, I'm having another bite after buying in earlier @ $1.07 and exiting at $1.20.
    This time in at $1.20 x 8400 units. Will prolly hold this now, that's my intention. Global satellite communication company.
    index.png

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
    #24     Sep 26, 2019
    vanzandt and canuckstuffed like this.
  5. Up 6% to start. Not bad. I'm in at $1.255.

#25     Sep 26, 2019
  6. SDA wrote off $180M in "impairment" in 2019 H1 due to loss of goodwill. besides that their revenue is growing. it sounds to me like they decided to stuff all their bad accounting debt that needed to be written into one bad half-year and the market overreacted to the headline earnings number. nice tip @themickey. I owe you one if this works out.

I added to my position at $1.235. Currently at 3000 shares.

#26     Sep 27, 2019
    vanzandt likes this.
  7. themickey

themickey

Couple of new experienced directors came onboard, today announcement, and one departed.

#27     Sep 27, 2019
  8. themickey

themickey

SDA up 18% today, another hour to go prior to close for the day and week.
    Doubt it will put on much more today but we'll soon know.
    Over the weekend it will prolly get noticed by mum & dad investors, next week will be ok I think, today I'm seeing on my algo a weighting toward bluechip stocks moving up - that looks promising.

#28     Sep 27, 2019
  9. themickey

themickey

Just now bought AVL, Australian Vanadium, 5 minutes prior to close @ $0.0125 x 385,000 units.
    index(2).png

#29     Sep 27, 2019
  10. TUP (Tupperware) has been bleeding lately on declining sales. A lot of its sales are in China and India, and the strong dollar is making their sales numbers looks worse than they are. The company has a lot of debt and the price drop to date was justified, but it looks undervalued (P/E 5.7) and the bottom seems to be in. In at $16 for a small amount, will look to add larger size at $18 and $20 if it goes up.

#30     Sep 27, 2019