Both parties not serious about deficit; $750 billion wasted per year in health care

Discussion in 'Politics' started by tmarket, Dec 22, 2012.

1. jem

jem

agreed.

#21     Dec 23, 2012
  2. BSAM

BSAM

You boys are indeed coming along nicely.
    I keep reminding you that government is not your friend.

Also, never vote for a democrat; never vote for a republican.
    Either way, the government wins

#22     Dec 23, 2012
  3. zdreg

zdreg

#23     Dec 24, 2012
  4. I don't know for sure but I'd guess that the profit incentive has produced some mighty fine diagnostic equipment and medicines. We need to pay for brain power and individuals who sacrifice hours and hours of study need to be compensated accordingly.

On one end of the scale a drug company could reap millions in profits as a result of a breakthough medication. The opposite end of the scale could result in 10x the savings in costs to society.

#24     Dec 24, 2012
  5. Not just health care costs but in all branches and departments of government!!!

Absolutely if we got rid of the waste, inefficiency, corruption etc. etc. it would be a great start.

#25     Dec 24, 2012
  6. That's just idiotic wishful thinking"waste, inefficiency, corruption etc. etc" is an inherent characteristic of govt.

Gezus, you people want to take a bath without getting wet.

#26     Dec 24, 2012
  7. piezoe

piezoe

#27     Dec 24, 2012
  8. piezoe

piezoe

Yes, agreed, essential to preserve incentives. Judging from the outcomes in a number of countries we can safely say that the incentives there must be adequate.

#28     Dec 24, 2012
  9. jem

jem

please dont shovel this crap off on Romney.
    This garbage is only on the party which voted for it.
    Obama and the dems. no one else.

#29     Dec 24, 2012
  10. jem

jem

#30     Dec 26, 2012