Bot WEED.to (TSX) @ 10.97 Target area is $16.00 CDN

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Gasper, Feb 7, 2017.

1. jj90

jj90

@vanzandt Come on vandy, this is elitetrader not eliteinvesting. Fundamentals? WTF is that?

#31     Feb 12, 2017
  2. vanzandt

vanzandt

The true road to building wealth perhaps?
    Hell I dunno.
    Ask Surf.

#32     Feb 12, 2017
  3. Gasper

Gasper

WEED.to (TSX) Upward Momentum Continues....up 6% today. 123.jpg

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    #33     Feb 13, 2017
  4. Gasper

Gasper

WEED.to (TSX) Canopy Growth Q3 Earnings Report

Feb 14 Canopy Growth Corp

* Canopy Growth Corporation reports third quarter fiscal 2017 financial results

* Q3 earnings per share c$0.02

* Q3 revenue rose 180 percent to c$9.8 million

* Canopy Growth Corp - inventory at december 31, 2016 valued at $50.6 million

* Q3 earnings per share view c$-0.03, revenue view c$10.9 million -- Thomson Reuters

SMITHS FALLS, Ont. — Canada’s largest publicly traded marijuana company says it ended 2016 with 29,000 registered patients — more than three times the number it had at the end of 2015 — helping the company deliver profitable results in its latest quarter.

For the three months ended Dec. 31, which was the fiscal third quarter for Canopy Growth Corp (TSX:WEED) — revenue was $9.8 million, up 180 per cent from $3.5 million a year earlier.

Net income for the quarter was $3.0 million or two cents per diluted share, which compared with a year-earlier loss of $3.3 million or four cents per share in the third quarter of fiscal 2016.

For the first nine months of Canopy’s fiscal 2017, net income was $4.5 million or four cents per share — up from $1.6 million or two cents per share a year earlier.

Canopy — which has been a pioneer in Canada’s federally regulated medical marijuana industry — says its revenue over the nine months ended Dec. 31 more than tripled to $25.2 million from $7.7 million.

#34     Feb 14, 2017
  5. eganon69

eganon69

Down 7.92% today. Did you sell?

#35     Feb 14, 2017
  6. vanzandt

vanzandt

25.2M in total revenue for a $9 stock with over 1.2 Billion shares outstanding.

Hmmmm... sign me up.

And that .02/share (Canadian) is suspect till I read more. I suspect they are including inventory under cultivation. And probably valuing it at NYC dollar-hollar street price.

#36     Feb 14, 2017
  7. Gasper

Gasper

Mr. VeeZee,
    I'm not disputing in any way your brilliant fundamental analysis, or how it is conducted/reported, in fact I appreciate it very much and take it into account. I however don't trade this way. (...more or mostly because I don't have those fundamental analysis abilities....certainly not to the extent which I believe you do.) I respect the ability you have to dissect the boring (...ah boring to me!) fundamentals ...keep it up! BUT, I feel that I find it easy to identify value through utilizing technical analysis. (...and by the way, through Technical analysis, opportunities often present themselves long before fundamentally indicated opportunities do ...IMHO.)

Just thought I'd openly mention that as you seem to have the idea that we are on different planets and that means we are destined for conflict (? sorry...you do give that impression) and you are entirely correct and I am entirely wrong. There shouldn't be needless sarcasm for sarcasm's sake on ET. Right?

Anyhow...that being said, a minute ago, I decided to sell my large WEED.to position ($50K) @ $11.84 CDN for a small $2K profit. I would have sold some yesterday, except I travel extensively and I was down in South America for work. Today's drop is a case of sell on the news...& overall it was good news, but people want to cash-out - I get it. I believe the technical targets are still inherent in WEED.to. I however, value capital preservation ABOVE ALL in my trading and I am awaiting a re-entry which I expect within the near future. (The selling will end soon...also, I see we need to keep an eye on the Toronto and NY markets which are presenting as a bit overbought at the moment.) It's one thing to make a bit of $, but it is entirely another matter to loose hard-won capital. Cheers, and keep sending out your fundamentals.

#37     Feb 14, 2017
    vanzandt likes this.
  8. vanzandt

vanzandt

Its a good move on your part.
    If I came off as a tad adversarial, its just because I thought you might be a professional pumper and I just wanted to counter-point things to protect any unsuspecting newbies who might land on this site.
    Don't kick yourself if it jumps $1 in the next few days. That is remarkably low volume today, at least the shares traded on the U.S. exchanges. I think you made the right move.

And I do like your BAM call. Thats a good one.

#38     Feb 14, 2017
    Gasper likes this.
  9. eganon69

eganon69

Gasper, vanzandt does not mean anything by it. He's a good guy and I think I am slowing convincing him of the value of TA. I too trade purely off TA and no fundamentals. Glad you got a profit and good luck with getting back in. But I do agree with vanzandt that it may shoot up quickly and may be quite volatile. Good luck.

#39     Feb 14, 2017
    Gasper likes this.
  10. vanzandt

vanzandt

Yeah... but if I was a "Goodboy"....I'd get to chill with the who's who at Mara-Largo next month.
    Wonder if they're bringing in Camels............

#40     Feb 14, 2017