Bot Trading Analyse running trades

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Wippi1817, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Hello,

I wrote a bot and wondering of there exists some methods in order to analyse the performance of a running trade. My bot has not a real target but it includes a trailing stop loss. When I enter a trade I would like to analyse the performance of a trade - I dont want to wait until the stop loss gets triggered I would like to jump out earlier in order to minimize my losses. Do you have any recommendations for indicators, statistics methods in order to handle this? Especially in chopy markets I would need some calcs.

I know the other option is to filter out some trades but I have not found yet any perfect indicator for this.

Thx for your advice!

2. themickey

themickey

There could be a way but can you afford the $99,999 fee I charge?

3. Girija

Girija

You wrote a bot with an entry but not a exit strategy?

4. LoL I am used to pay service fee

5. lol yes for sure I have an exit but this works fine - my problem is that I have to filter out false entries or exit an existing trade when I see this is not successful

6. themickey

themickey

When you place a trade, determine just prior, what your stop point is.
    The stop is a level that tells you your trade is/was wrong.
    Your win rate might be 50% if you are good, so that means one out of two times you will be wrong.
    Don't exit prior to the stop level you set, if you do, your win rate will fall even further!
    Once you are in profit and into clear blue sky, repeat, "If I place a trade here, where is the point my trade will be wrong"?
    That's your new stop, honor it, don't exit beforehand.
    Rinse & repeat.

Wippi1817 likes this.
  7. ok thanks a lot!!! - for this I have several questions.

1.) Do you have any links for this "method" where I can read such methods?
    2.) you say that I should not exit before the stop point - I am using a trend following strategy and in some trend I see that the break out is not very strong and the price bounces in the near of my stop loss- would not it be better to get out of this trade at entry point+2xservice fee in order to min my losses? The thing is my strategy catches strong breakout very good but I have to much fail trades and I want to improve that
    3.) you say - you have to know your target - I am using a trailing stop loss - my target is a bit unclear - how can I calc my target? last high incl. fib channel?

8. themickey

themickey

1.) No links, it's my method, not rocket science. First off imo (my experience, the method I use) get rid of all indicators off your charts, prices do not obey indicators, price does what it can do to rob the maximum # traders. Begin to learn what the masses are not learning, the mob are mostly wrong more than they are right.
    2.) Train yourself to think like a robot, no emotions, mechanically. Set a stop and stick to it rigidly. When one breaks trading rules they are like a burglar or a drug addict, thinking they can get away with it and prosper, breaking rules is like breaking the law, there's a price to pay for being undisciplined.
    3.) I never mentioned target, I set no target, let profits run until you are stopped out.
    This is not a day trading method, this is buy & holding until the trend fails.
    Never beat yourself up when a trade doesn't go according to plan and because you followed your rules, no one can control the market, you can only control yourself.