Boston Prop - Chimera v. Bright

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by btowntrader54, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Remember, this is not New York or Boston, LOL.
    Arizona Charlies (not the best, but close).
    Room Type Wed per night, per room
    Standard $35.10

Tropicana = $50.

Stratospher = $49.

Budget Suites weekly, very reasonable for boot camp.

Pretty cheap overall, IMO.

Don
    :)

#51     Nov 2, 2007
  2. assent does'nt require a license. although i no longer make daytrades,assent is still the best for all sorts of trading and the cheapest.most firms affiliated with assent will give you extremely good rates. i was getting guys rates as low as .0035 per share and they came in through me not assent dircetly,this was as recently as september.and i know guys that get cheaper.

#52     Nov 4, 2007
  3. Everything is great until there is a market crash.

If the LLC goes insolvent, ie like Refco Fx most of the traders will lose some of their capital.

There is no free lunch for getting to extra leverage. I admit it's unlikely at firms like Bright that have been around, but it's not impossible.

#53     Nov 9, 2007
  4. Where exactly is bright trading in Boston?

#54     Jan 11, 2008
  5. Don, could you post some more general info on the Boston office? How many traders, Location, facilities/workstation setups, etc. I wouldn't mind seeing a couple pics if you have any.

#55     Apr 4, 2008
  6. bump

#56     Apr 4, 2008
  7. Downtown on Federal.

Don

#57     Apr 4, 2008
  8. We have a group of traders who have their own office. The two guys are excellent traders. About a dozen guys share the space.

Send me an email to donbright@brighttrading.net with contact information and I'll ask John to contact you.

Keep in mind that this is not a "corporate" office, so meeting with John would be a good idea. But, all traders are, of course, licensed and registered with Bright, not a "sub-llc" or anything like htat.

Don

#58     Apr 4, 2008
  9. gnome

gnome

My $.02...

You prop guys really should appreciate this concept.

Back years ago, I'd been with BD's which went out of business and had trouble with regulators.

Later I was with one with high standards. In fact, required a PRINCIPLE'S license of all RR's. (They even once got a letter of commendation from the SEC for having no "gigs" in an audit... didn't think that was possible.)

Life and business are much easier when dealing with such people.

#59     Apr 4, 2008
  10. We have traders from Xiamen China to Dubai, they just trade U.S. equities.

Goldmans Sachs guys came to visit the last couple of days, and we chatted about access to other markets, we certainly will be able to do it when we're ready to. There are some regulatory issues involved, and some Goldman issues, but you never know what the future will bring.

I think we chatted in the Hook Up thread as well, and as I said, it's nothing discriminatory or anything. We certainly can't be all things to all people, but things change, we'll have to see what the future brings.

All the best,

Don

Edit: And, FWIW, most of people prefer to trade remotely or in their own offices a this point in time.

#60     Apr 4, 2008