Boston Prop - Chimera v. Bright

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by btowntrader54, Sep 26, 2007.

1. #41     Oct 15, 2007
  2. Well, thanks for the kind (unsolicited) words!

Just for the record, the 3 day class is $1,000, the boot camp is $1500 for 2-4 weeks (trader choice)...$2500 total investment in training. Advanced classes for a lifetime are free.

Don :)

#42     Oct 16, 2007
  3. timcar

timcar

Never seen too many complaints about Bright Trading regarding the features they offer their traders. Such as fast payouts, high leverage on a traders deposit, quick deposit returns and maybe some good training.

Most complaints about Bright Trading on this board seem to infer they charge their traders a higher commission rate than other Prop firms out there.

Guess trader must chose between firm offering good features but with higher commissions or "no frills" Prop firm with lower commission rates.

#43     Oct 16, 2007
  4. Don knows the real complaint is requiring traders to have a series 7 even though he knows it means nothing when trading. i heard a rumor Don is going to drop that ridiculous requirement. lol

#44     Oct 17, 2007
  5. Can't do much about it at this point in time.

This rule applies to NYSE, CHX, PHLX, PSE, NASD, AMEX exchange member/traders.

Don

#45     Oct 17, 2007
  6. I was under the impression all similar firms require a series 7 (echotrade, assent, etc.)

#46     Oct 17, 2007
  7. c'mon Don, let some of us street wise traders into your firm. give us a chance brother...
    as for the other poster-assent does not require a series 7.

#47     Oct 18, 2007
  8. No offense. If you are going to trade for a prop and put up your own capital, to where the prop makes most of it's money off of your commissions, the more successfull you are, the more commissions they make. In other words, if some one is very serious about joining your firm, then training should not have to be paid for.

Training should only be paid for if you are a retail trader not wanting to join the firm and just want the training. If a trader has to pay for the training, he should be reembursed in full once he is a member of the firm and is consistantly profitable.

A motivator if anything(to get your tuition money back) to excell. Not mentioning any particular firm on this thread, however it should be given consideration. I am top talent and any firm would be lucky to have me, I am not paying for any "training" and such policies would keep many "elite" traders away. Just my 2 cents!:)

#48     Oct 29, 2007
  9. GGSAE

GGSAE

Most people that pay for training are usually new to the business and probably aren't profitable traders. I'd say it's more of a screen than anything else, otherwise every john, dick and harry would sign up.

#49     Oct 29, 2007
  10. bankei

bankei

Paying a little bit helps you psychologically, in my experience. I never believe much in stuff I get for free. $1500 for 4 weeks training seems very fair.

I expect your hotel bill will be a lot more even in Vegas. There is also the 'opportunity cost' for both you and the instructors.

#50     Nov 2, 2007