Boredom

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Duref Mudgins, Mar 13, 2012.

1. little old ladies trade the ES
    they also can snooze for a week or so between mouse clicks.

s

:D :D :D

#21     Mar 14, 2012
  2. Yes, but watching a fast chart might keep them from choking on sleep apnea in the meantime.

#22     Mar 14, 2012
  3. Here is an example of how decline in the boredom metric indicated traders' belief in the associated price rise.

#23     Mar 14, 2012
  4. The boredom metric is not derived from volume, but it does roughly inversely mirror volume, sometimes leading, sometimes lagging. My impression of it so far is that it is superior as a predictor to Jack Hershey's PV Relation. Attached is a chart snippet showing that boredom may lead or lag volume.

And apropos of boredom, fewer and fewer readers are looking at my examples, so time to go.

#24     Mar 14, 2012
  5. Sorry about that -- I may have overextrapolated that the average boredom of everybody would suggest my own level of boredom. Thank you for the suggestions to alleviate boredom during the trading day. Thank you for the examples, but the past few show very few bars, they're kind of hard to figure out the example.

Maybe intense bordeom makes everybody more susceptible to the noise the big guys might throw out -- mostly to alleviate the boredom. Boredom is a great motivator.

#25     Mar 14, 2012
  6. Thanks. If I get longer-running examples I may post, assuming I wake up alive. I invented the boredom metric precisely for the case you mentioned where traders are lulled to sleep before a big move, but haven't had a case of that in these two days.

#26     Mar 14, 2012