Boredom

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Handle123, Dec 8, 2009.

1. - 1 Smart idea...

- 2 True. Sleeping is the key.

- 3 A personnal story...

At the beginning of my adventure in to the market reality I had a very cheap office...
    Since the first day after 10 or 15 min in front of the screen I was going sleepy... one week went... I started to question everything... I am sick ? I am bored of the market... It was a really desperate situation. I couldn't even pass a trade during the day... I was so bad that I left the screen every day...

Suddently I discover what was affecting me... there was a air output for some toxic from the underground water system connected to air system of my office... I didn't realize it because when I analyse the place, the windows were open...

I left this place... a few day later was back as normal :)

#11     Dec 9, 2009
  2. this year signals have been few and far in between

#12     Dec 9, 2009
  3. RedDuke

RedDuke

I trade of volume and range charts, since fixed time bars distort price action. That is why i need to be alert all the time, the signal can happen any time.

#13     Dec 9, 2009
  4. Without revealing proprietary info, can you give an example of an alert condition that you feel would be too difficult to code...

#14     Dec 9, 2009
  5. RedDuke

RedDuke

I utilize certain charts patterns in combination with market depth patterns and t&S to trigger the trades.

Sometimes I have sub 10 seconds to make a decision sometimes over a minute, this requires constant concentration in order for odds to be in my favor.

When I start missing trades here and there, this disrupts the process. The equivalent would be for a black jack card counter not betting when the shoe approaching the end, he knows the current odds.

#15     Dec 9, 2009
  6. #16     Dec 9, 2009
  7. Coding alerts for: corroborating constant volume bar patterns with range chart patterns with market depth patterns with time-and-sales patterns for sub-ten second decision events -- EASY!!

And you try and tell the young people of today that ..... they won't believe you.

Reminds of a story.

FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
    You were lucky. We lived for three months in a paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six in the morning, clean the paper bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down t' mill, fourteen hours a day, week-in week-out, for sixpence a week, and when we got home our Dad would thrash us to sleep wi' his belt.

SECOND YORKSHIREMAN:
    Luxury. We used to have to get out of the lake at six o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of 'ot gravel, work twenty hour day at mill for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would thrash us to sleep with a broken bottle, if we were lucky!

THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
    Well, of course, we had it tough. We used to 'ave to get up out of shoebox at twelve o'clock at night and lick road clean wit' tongue. We had two bits of cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at mill for sixpence every four years, and when we got home our Dad would slice us in two wit' bread knife.

FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:
    Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah.

FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
    And you try and tell the young people of today that ..... they won't believe you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo

#17     Dec 9, 2009
  8. RedDuke

RedDuke

I did not explain the whole picture. Trust me, it is not EASY. I have over 10 years of development experience, I would have programmed it a long time ago.

#18     Dec 9, 2009