Boredom in Trading

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by WmWaster, Jun 13, 2006.

1. meskhot

meskhot

Extreme boredom only :

Metacafe.com

#51     Jul 4, 2006
  2. Me too. :(
    Wavemaster, you are so naughty! :mad:
    (joking)

#52     Jul 4, 2006
  3. I usually turn off my computer after I win my daily quota and stop trading. Sometimes my computer is only on for 5 minutes if that is how long it takes me to win my quota. No, don't get bored.

#53     Jul 4, 2006
  4. naz9403

naz9403

If you get bored trading that means there are no trading opportunities. And with so many things to trade out there, boredom should be a very minimal. Not to mention the daily market homework that includes
    charts and fundamentals.

There is always something to do.

#54     Jul 5, 2006
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

Or that you took a position and waiting for the outcome.

For sure, there is always something to do, but if you already have done those 1000s times....

#55     Jul 5, 2006
  6. I didn't read the whole thread, so pardon me if this was discussed. If you folks are perpetually bored while trading, which I sometimes suffer from, then start your own online trading group over skype like myself and my trading buddies do. It works especially well for me since both are friends and mentors. The days I don't have one of them to talk to can be quite long. Skype is free and as long as you have a good broadband connection it doesn't hurt you trading. Of course you need a good computer too.

#56     Jul 5, 2006
  7. it's like watching paint dry in the Agencies market...

Treasuries now so too. But that's good, gives you time to think about strategy.

Put on some music or something.

#57     Jul 5, 2006
  8. Do you have to pay them well to keep them staying with you? :D

#58     Jul 5, 2006
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

Good idea, but I am already doing that. I have a chatroom and I also mentor over Skype. And actually, since the trading rules aren't that complicated, once I explain the rules, the rest is: so how is Germany doing in the Worldcup?......

#59     Jul 5, 2006
  10. tireg

tireg

Sitting in cash is a position :D

(Waiting) counts as doing something..

#60     Jul 5, 2006