bored....looking for something to do.

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by forsalenyc, Jul 2, 2008.

1. asap

asap

you have to interact with others while you're off otherwise you'll go nuts. anything works but try to focus on activities that require intensive human interaction. it will occupy your time but more importantly will stabilize your levels. that sense of boredom is one of the worst enemies a trader faces and could ruin one's life in few time. in addition, lousy trading comes in many occasions as a consequence of a profound lethargy state in which the trader has got into.

therefore, you should start filling your agenda with activities that fall in this category, i.e. teaching, team sports, other social activities, etc.

good luck

#11     Jul 2, 2008
  2. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

physical activity is the most important...I am doing a lot now and I can't recall a time when I 've been that healthy( and thus happy ) in years...

I stop trading from 1 pm to 4 pm and I always run at least 30 minutes. Usually it's more like 1 hour.

In addition, 2-3 times a week, I go doing some additional sport ( skateboarding, soccer, basketball )with friends in the evening 'til 10 pm( only now that nights are short ).

Relax in the pool during the day is also great.

#12     Jul 2, 2008
  3. Yes, the importance of spending as much time as possible in front of a screen of any kind cannot be overstated.
    :p

#13     Jul 2, 2008
  4. Ahh, you're married. That seems to be the problem. Cause I was going to say, get an additional GF.
    Having midday open is great, especially during the summer in NYC.

If you really have time to waste, get into MMORPGs. Just make sure you stay disciplined.

#14     Jul 2, 2008
  5. It seems that your trading doesn't take too much of your time ... Get a day job that is not very demanding. In this way you socialize, get paid and trade ... all in the same time :D

#15     Jul 6, 2008
  6. Vienna

Vienna

... and then have a cuban coffee at that little dive behind the 711 and you get a great breakfest there too... I think the place in front of it is called Oasis

:)

#16     Jul 6, 2008
  7. Cutten

Cutten

Enjoy life.

#17     Jul 6, 2008
  8. nkhoi

nkhoi

did them all now back to reading ET, maybe I should get an iPhone to keep up with ET like the kinster. :D

#18     Jul 6, 2008
  9. Yep I agree. Also, clean the house, make dinner and do the laundry. No need to exercise, because you do that, you'll be locking the door to the bedroom for some regular nooners.

:D

#19     Jul 7, 2008
  10. Munck

Munck

How about expanding your horizons/knowledge?
    Use your available time to do courses from The Teaching Company:
    http://www.teach12.com/teach12.asp?ai=16281

Several hundred available, both audio and video. Highly recommended! :)

#20     Jul 8, 2008