Boot Greece today

Discussion in 'Economics' started by tenthousandmen, Feb 15, 2012.

Would you vote to boot Greece if they mismanage (again) their most recent deposit

1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Would you vote to boot them from the Eurozone today if they **** up the most recent cheque they cashed.

2. sheda

sheda

Boot them today? Given the choice they would not have entered in the first place.

Eurozone finance officials are examining ways of delaying parts or even all of the second bailout programme for Greece while still avoiding a disorderly default, several EU sources said on Wednesday.

I dont read about the situation any more, the above is the first headlined I have looked at in a while, merry go round, and round, and round.....

3. Eight

Eight

I'm starting to develop a fondness for Greeks.. they drain the banks and default about every 40 years and all the time they claim that they deserve better treatment and that it's not their fault.. It's sort of cute really, sort of like Mama's favorite child that can get away with anything... After they pull it off this time they will probably put a big sorry look on their face and admit they were bad and promise that it will never happen again..

4. <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W8Ayb8P1LbU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/x4eLJEWZ7Kk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Greece, just default, leave the euro and screw over the gerries.

5. sheda

sheda

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/financ...100014963/germany-is-playing-with-greek-fire/

6. xiaodre

xiaodre

Its Hijinks, I tell ya! You couldn't write better comedy than this. And before all the poor Greek netizens call me out, I will say that, like Hemingway, I believe the best kind of humor is gallows humor.

7. Best is to keep them in as long as possible and keep taking the punches so the rest of the vulnerable countries muddle through.

8. Good1

Good1

This is all assuming the money they are borrowing was generated legitimately (legally, fairly) in an open market, and not coming from a black market.

9. Good1

Good1

This article discusses what i mean by "black market".

Briefly, there are a couple of frauds possible in regards to credit.

1.) The borrower may falsify a declaration of assets in order to get more credit than an honest report of assets would have warranted.

2.) The lender may falsify a declaration of assets in order to lend more credit than an honest report of assets would have permitted.

In other words, a lender may be lending what is tantamount to counterfeit currency. In that case, all complaints about Greece defaulting are as unfair as the original deal to lend funny money (unearned) in return for a legitimately earned gross national product, through the sale of products or services.

A "black" market is a market you don't know about, a secret market, where you don't know where the money is coming from. It's non-transparent. The involvment of a private party in the Greek deal renders this whole deal "black". Until you know where the money is coming from that's being offered to Greece, whether it was legitimately obtained or not, you have no basis for complaint about what Greece does, or does not do.

10. They would be better off without Euro.. look at Iceland after collapse .. they should leave euro put capital control on property to citizens only. But they would be flooded with tourists and make money this way. They also could support their own energy and agriculture.

#10     Feb 19, 2012