Boone Pickens & Those Stealing From Consumers (& Investors/Traders) Should Be Hung

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Jun 2, 2008.

1. That's basically what Obama and Clinton will ensure.

#51     Jun 5, 2008
  2. ByLoSellHi

Typical lack of understanding of what matters in the real world. It is always someone else’s fault and I am not responsible for my own choices, in the market or otherwise. You are saying because you are not smart enough to make good decisions, it is someone else’s fault and not your own. I am probably wasting my breath but you should really take a step back and listen to yourself.

Things are simple in book. If you are a speculator, which as a trader (or wannabe trader) you are, it is your job to make a decision, put your money on the line and let the cards fall where they may. If you are correct you make money, if not you lose money. The way it should be. You perform or get eliminated. PERIOD. I am reminded of something Jesse Livermore used to say when asked for trading advice: “It is a bull market you know” or “It is a bear market you know.” Yes, it really is that simple. I could care less why things happen but demand is demand, whether it is artificial or not, is IRRELEVANT. Sure I want to understand the dynamics to better position myself for moves and potential moves but at the end of the day if it goes up, you buy and if it goes down you sell.

Whining about why things happen the way they do is a waste of your time, unless feeling sorry for yourself is good for your business, which I doubt. All the major trends give you plenty of time to get positioned if you pay attention and take responsibility for your own opinions. True, a lot of the easy money has been made in oil, just as easy money was made by those shorting the sub prime blowup (which they earned by being smarter than most, the same as those who have been long oil). Only fools try to pick an exact turning point consistently. There is plenty to be made with the meat of the move, any move. Pay attention and you will be rewarded. And that’s the rub. Most don’t want to do the work, which is the real bottom line. Because at the end of the day, you are responsible for yourself and your welfare, no matter how much you want to shift the blame.

I wish you good luck because until you take responsibility for yourself and your actions, life will be a struggle for you. All the best.

BM

#52     Jun 5, 2008
  3. RhinoGG

RhinoGG Guest

That has to be the most simple minded reply I have yet seen here on ET. ByLoSellHi is not speaking of his own trading you pea-brain.

#53     Jun 5, 2008
  4. Bush-II-ville opening in a city near you, just like Hooverville(s) sprouted all over the US.....

Think we're ready for 4 more years?

Think we aren't already in deep kimchi?

Think this will go without significant and severe backlash?

well?

#54     Jun 5, 2008

5. there's a thread on ET under the Economics Forum on that very same title and topic....

it is really hard to see how this just might not happen....

#55     Jun 5, 2008
  6. The Saudis lie when they tell George Bushy there is no supply problem, just like we lie when we tell them that we believe in a strong dollar.

#56     Jun 5, 2008
  7. Well, OBL, whether he exists or not, is fictional or not, is alive or not, or whatever, got one of his alleged wishes.

100+ per barrel oil. That's if we believe what our government told us.

Think about that. And think about who's profiting, and how long they've profited and may profit from it.

#57     Jun 5, 2008
  8. And then think about the % ownership of US companies they are have been and are now buying with our own monies.

They are also poised to make a killing in the alternative energy world when they become the next thing

#58     Jun 6, 2008
  9. Oh crap I couldn't even get thru bylosellhi's spiel. Is this still a traders' forum or a site for anyone who blows his account on a bad trade (shorting oil) to then go spout their new age version of the communist manifesto?
    If anyone is "distorting oil data" look to the US govt which has been denying peak oil for several years after it became fairly evident to anyone paying attention.

#59     Jun 6, 2008
  10. Oh goody, another 'peak oil', 'twilight in the desert,' moonbat.

Oil production has peaked, we're going to run out in a few years, all those Chinese and Indian consumers are going to pay 50 USD per gallon soon, we're going to have riots and 20 mile gas lines, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

'We're headin' west. We hear they got them some oil left out there. We'll send an email back if they do.' [​IMG]

#60     Jun 6, 2008