Boomers in Trouble: The Unheralded Economic Mega-Trend

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Quite the opposite, really.

If you educate yourself, work hard and are successful, the government TAXES THE CRAP OUT OF YOU!

If you sit on your ass watching Oprah while you pig-out on Cheetos and Pepsi... all the while having multiple kids with multiple fathers, the government sends you an ever bigger monthly check. :mad: :mad:

#31     Aug 5, 2009
  2. Illum

Illum

As the hippy boomers wanted it.

#32     Aug 5, 2009
  3. Funny. I was thinking the same thing back in the 80's when Texas was on it's ass.

#33     Aug 5, 2009
  4. Incorrect. Soon the Gen X/Y will be the largest voting block.

#34     Aug 5, 2009
  5. jprad

jprad

I'm completely with you when it comes to smoking, but not at all when it comes to obesity.

The sad fact is that everyone is not created equally when it comes to how well their body metabolizes the food they consume.

Some people are simply blessed when it comes to the genes. They can eat to excess and barely gain any weight while another, eating the same quantity will blow up like a balloon.

And, then there's the food industry themselves. Not only do they have a pretty deep understanding of the brain's addictive capacity, there's also the non-naturally occurring additives they use to stabilize, preserve and enhance texture & taste.

At the very least there has to be some measure of responsibility for the government for even allowing this crap to get produced and sold.

#35     Aug 5, 2009
  6. Not a "Boomer only" trait. And while there are Boomer welfare parasites, isn't the wealthiest generation the Boomers?

If so, then didn't they make the most money, provide the most prosperity for the country, and pay the most taxes?

#36     Aug 5, 2009
  7. They didn't make any money, they created and inflated the largest asset bubble ever. Now that it's popping they are looking to the younger generations to bail them out.

#37     Aug 5, 2009
  8. Wow... for someone with such a strong and hateful financial opinion, your economics and political knowledge is amazingly scarce.

Not one time in my life did I hear a Boomer tell Congress, "give me something and charge it to my kids and grandkids."

#38     Aug 5, 2009
  9. It's called "Generational Theft".

Just because you're not aware of your actions doesn't mean that you're not carrying them out.

#39     Aug 5, 2009
  10. jprad

jprad

Ignorance is no excuse, is that it?

Well, what have you been doing to stop it? If all you've been doing is criticizing it then you're as guilty as the next guy.

#40     Aug 5, 2009