Boomers in Trouble: The Unheralded Economic Mega-Trend

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Aug 4, 2009.

1. the boomers will never be in trouble. they comprise the biggest voting block and therefore will continue to pass legislation that passes the buck of their profligacy to younger generations. boomers have made a profession of raping the young and will not cede power until they die off.

#21     Aug 5, 2009
  2. The Boomers were the economic dynamo because they "raped the young"?

With thinking like that, there should be a law forcing you to be sterilized.

It's politicians who deserve your wrath.

#22     Aug 5, 2009
  3. scatophaggot,
    already got the operation after your mom and I had you. I never knew you could piss in a whore's mouth and she'd birth a child from it, but you're a lucky first, sonny.

boomers voted for those pols. they voted for the policies they wanted. boomers could have rejected the policies at every turn. they never did. they kept on raping younger generations. just as I did with your mother, who has the vaginal scars to prove it.

#23     Aug 5, 2009
  4. Wow, you're really angry. Vulgar, too.

We all know you're full of shit. My mom died before you were born.

Take a pill.

#24     Aug 5, 2009
  5. jprad

jprad

A targeted immigration program does not take decades to implement, a year, two at the most.

And, it would take a few months at most for qualified individuals from stable companies to fill those slots.

#25     Aug 5, 2009
  6. jjf

jjf

I suspect that the Achilles heel in years to come for the boomers will be health and health care.

A healthy diet, daily exercise and low body fat will be a good place for them to start, because from a medical and insurance perspective they could be very expensive to maintain.

jjf

#26     Aug 5, 2009
  7. The collective genius/medical-establishment-lobbyists in the U.S. would apparently rather ensure that taxpayers and insurance premium payers spend $1,000 in post-disease care for every $1 in disease prevention.

Right now, we spend 16% of GDP on health care, compared to an average of 8% in other modern western democracies, and the pace of our medical cost inflation is much higher than those nations.

We're on a sure fire path to bankruptcy in the U.S.

Just ask David M. Walker, former comptroller general of the United States of America, who has more credibility on such matters than anyone.

#27     Aug 5, 2009
  8. Boomers are in trouble because...

1. Congress stole Social Security Trust funds

2. Government encouraged "consumerism"... spend, spend, borrow-and-spend

3. Government never properly encouraged thrift and investment, as such would be contrary to #2.

EVERYBODY is in trouble because...

1. The drag Boomers will be on the Social system PLUS their "pullback" from former levels of spending

2. Government deficits all along... plus ever greater deficits in an attempt to "paper over" past lack of discipline and greed.

3. Ever growing government along with an ever shrinking private sector...

#28     Aug 5, 2009
  9. jjf

jjf

Agreed. But most ill health arises as the result of poor neglected self maintenance.

Just as surgeons will not perform on smokers, why not apply the same rules to obese people.

None of us has time to wait for gov. to do sensible things and it is far better to take care of ourselves as much as is possible.

jjf

#29     Aug 5, 2009
  10. Our system fails to financially penalize destructive behavior, and fails to reward constructive behavior.

Just taxing the hell out of cigarettes has had a remarkable effect in cutting the smoking rate.

#30     Aug 5, 2009