Boom!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by lwlee, Feb 22, 2008.

1. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

donoman, do you play equities? what were some of your plays today?

#21     Feb 22, 2008
  2. what are your thoughts on aapl. next week market may pop, but apple just broke support...

#22     Feb 22, 2008
  3. lwlee

lwlee

Funny you should mention Apple. My cost basis is $126. Recent weakness is a real cause of concern. I was thinking to buy some at the close in order to bring the cost basis down. It would be short term play.

The other option is buying puts but I wanted a better price. The late day surge helped. I may buy them Monday, hoping for a follow through for a even better price.

#23     Feb 22, 2008
  4. dinoman

dinoman

I don't like to predict beyond the current day in most cases.

I was short 2000 of AAPL and RIMM and I give my stops a little wiggle room. With those size of shares it doesn't take much to start feeling a little pain. It was my fault for being in late on friday and reshorting after the long moves down. Its part of the game so I am not crying. I could have used better judgement and saved myself from that scenario, but those futures breaking down after 3 had panic selling written all over it. Then again, I can't anticipate breaking news either.

:D

I think AAPL has room to break below $110 briefly, but like I said I take it only as I see in current time. With all this B.S. going on I won't take swing trades right now because only God knows what will happen overnight.

#24     Feb 22, 2008
  5. dinoman

dinoman

APPL did break support intraday but did not close below it so that was a bonus on a weekly basis.

#25     Feb 22, 2008

6. AAPL is showing a massive descending channel and these channels are meant to be broken to the upside. Can't say when but its coming any day.

#26     Feb 22, 2008
  7. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

dinoman,do you scalp? what platform are you using?

#27     Feb 22, 2008
  8. 2000 of AAPL and RIMM?!?! that's about 400k, big player u r

:eek: :eek: :eek: :D

#28     Feb 22, 2008
  9. dinoman

dinoman

Yes I do scalp depending on the current market conditions.

Like I said it all depends on the current market conditions.

#29     Feb 23, 2008
  10. dinoman

dinoman

I wouldn't call me a big player, but I am definately not one to screw around , I am just like any other trying to make a buck!

#30     Feb 23, 2008