BOOM Goes The Account?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stonedinvestor, Apr 26, 2007.

1. hels02

hels02

No shit! LOL!

I wonder what happened:)?

#21     Apr 30, 2007
  2. hels02

hels02

Stoney... dunno if you ditched this, but this stock is as quality as it comes. I'm close to in the green now with it since today's price action... if you held like I did, you are a bit farther away, but getting there.

By the end of the year, you will be really glad you didn't sell, regardless of what temporary fluxes it goes through now I think.

The only reason I commented on this is because you were so happy about it, and then it was a disappointment. I don't think it's going to be a disappointment. Right now it's at $34.00, I'll probably sell when it hits $39, which may take a while, but it's going to get there.

#22     May 4, 2007
  3. hels I dumped. But it's a result of cash flow crunch not the stock. I still like it. And hope to be back in right after I cycle through CRNT, & DGIT,
    BOOM is third on my buy list. See you in the winners circle soon! SI

#23     May 4, 2007
  4. This bounced off the 50 day moving average which is a telling sign. As well, it bounced off a key trend line.

The conference call wasnt bad. Its that the stock just got ahead of itself. If the conference call was that bad, then the stock would be trading south of the 50 day and would have violated the trend line.

The target price for this equity by the end of the year is $48.

#24     May 4, 2007
  5. hels02

hels02

After it started heading south, I took a GOOD look at their earnings report. I could see no reason it headed south. The basis for the 'not meeting expectation' was that the expectation was absurd. They increased their earning by 30%... that's a LOT when we're talking about real earnings, not little shit that's easy to beat.

Last quarter, they had a special one time income from the sale of something that caused their bottom line to be so high... this quarter, even without it they did exceptionally well. All the numbers are beautiful.

With people looking for value right now, ala Buffett, a lot of people will be looking at this again. You cannot beat their moat on what they make.

I dunno where they pull numbers like $48 from. Maybe it will hit it, maybe it will exceed, and maybe it won't. I think this is a good stock for the long term investment, and not just a short term play.

#25     May 4, 2007
  6. I think your thinking too much. Its all about the blue line.

It was far above the blue line. When the price is far above the blue line, then the potential is there for it to retrace. You know these earnings calls can be tricky and with the price so far up, they have to pull a rabbit out of a hat or discover a cure for cancer to keep it levitating up off of the thin blue line that far.

There is also a large symetrical triangle that is months long on the chart. The price exited out of the top and if the triangle was months long then you know the target is going to be coming in the months to come with a few retraces along the way.

48 I say and along the way there will be some more retracements to our thin blue line which will feel a might painful, but as long as it bounces we are fine. 6 months, 48 bucks.

#26     May 4, 2007