Boolean algebra inside.

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Kurgan, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Well, Jack does exaggerate, but what old man does not remember his life as larger that it may have been? Think of the film "Big Fish." Were I to recount my own life you would surely call me a liar, too. We lived in interesting times.

If you were Jack's neighbor he would be perfectly real to you. Being in the local papers from time to time. Supporting his SO's charitable efforts. Participating in local disaster preparedness activities. Leading a subgroup an the local IBD group. Being well known for his unique animal training.

He is verifiably the author of a book long in print. He was verifiably the author of several pamphlets on ecological instruction for young people. You have to remember that not much information exists about people like us who were born and worked before the advent of the Babel and Bullshit that is the web.

You may think he was bullshitting about being a glider pilot, but there are pictures of his ugly mug flying one. That being true, maybe he did own a yacht and fancy cars and homes and consult for the high and mighty and serve on honorary faculties.

#21     Oct 9, 2012
  2. Kurgan

Kurgan

So I assume that d(increasing price)*x(volume)divided by d(increasing price)*e(increasing volume).Am I correct?

#22     Oct 9, 2012
  3. You have a rare opportunity here to be mentored by him if you can be respectful and follow the bouncing ball. So I will shut up and let him recount it his way. I don't know if he wants to share at all, or if so, to start with stock swing trading or futures daytrading.

#23     Oct 9, 2012
  4. CT10Gov

CT10Gov

Well, if you claim that you did x, but didn't - you lied. I'm not sure where the relativism comes from - he was either an adjunct at wharton, or he's not. I'm not sure where the exaggeration comes from.

Suppose he supports his SO's charitable efforts. Great. So what. Suppose he wrote some pamphlets. Great. So what - we know that he's verbose. Neither of these things have to do with the volume of complete lies he's told.

Also, what's this book that's in print?

Further, which community college do you teach at, Joe Doaks?

#24     Oct 9, 2012
  5. Not really. In his post to you he spoke of only a part of what he teaches to those of like mind. His work is multidimensional and in some cases exceedingly subtle. Let me teach you a new English word: heuristic. Jack is heuristic. And I am sure laughing so hard he has to take a piss from my inadequate attempts to defend and explain him.

#25     Oct 9, 2012
  6. Kurgan

Kurgan

Please,let's stay on topic,gentlemen.Real or unreal,it depends on the sensor status of a person.A few are able to see the Earth is flat,but the vast majority aren't.

#26     Oct 9, 2012
  7. CT10Gov

CT10Gov

Maybe english isn't your first language so you are having difficulty getting your point across... but the earth is not flat (and boolean algebra is not the 'language' or the market)

#27     Oct 9, 2012
  8. Note that I didn't assert that everything he writes is true, only that some few small details are verifiable. Suppose I told you that I graduated summa cum laude from university nearly five decades ago? How would you ever verify that today?

His book? There used to be much more information on the web about it, but it is aging out. The Amazon listing is here:

http://www.amazon.com/sourcebook-en...qid=1349816582&sr=1-3&keywords=john+t+hershey

As Jack says, "Do the work!"

#28     Oct 9, 2012
  9. Kurgan

Kurgan

Thank you.I realize,his multidimensional,but that's fine,but I'd be glad to pick up the crumbs from his table.Who am I?His a scientist and I'm third grader.

#29     Oct 9, 2012
  10. CT10Gov

CT10Gov

Supposed you said that, and you aren't known as being a liar - so in the absence of a prior belief, I'll be skeptical but sure, I'll accept it as truth unless there's a later contradiction.

However, if you are known to have told a bunch of lies (ie, wharton professorship - it's easily verifiable; or that he explored the arctic at the behest of the UN - which is clearly falls into the 'bat shit insane' area).

This book - it lists a John Hershey as an author... I'm curious - how do we know that this is the Jack Hershey here, since the Jack Hershey here has told many many outright lies?

(so... what's this community college, Joe Doaks?)

#30     Oct 9, 2012