Boolean algebra inside.

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Kurgan, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Where did you get the idea that it was?

It's not.

#11     Oct 9, 2012
  2. Kurgan

Kurgan

I believe,therefore for me it is.

#12     Oct 9, 2012
  3. Credo, ergo sum.

#13     Oct 9, 2012
  4. Kurgan

Kurgan

"Its units are dx/de where the letters x stand for any market variable and the e stands for "event". There is no time variable in markets."

What is "d"?

#14     Oct 9, 2012
  5. The mathematical symbol for the first derivative. Jack is saying that the market is totally event driven, so all that counts is the market's incrememntal response to an event, hence "first derivative of a market measure with respect to event occurrence."

#15     Oct 9, 2012
  6. CT10Gov

CT10Gov

Good god... this has to the dumbest thing I've heard in a long long time...

I mean, JH is incoherent, but that's probably because he's getting quite old...Joe Doaks speaks a great deal of nonsense... but that's because he's a community college 'professor'....

But you believe that something is fundamental the markets, because you believe? That's not even trying...

#16     Oct 9, 2012
  7. Let me give you a little history on Jack to save you from digging. Jack recived a BS in Electrical Engineering from Rensellaer Poly and went straight to work at Bell Labs. A very prestigious path at that time. He has a unique perspective on the markets and technical analysis because he started trading when charts had to be drawn by hand and TA had to be so simple that it could readily be calculated manually. His self-education in trading occurred at the time that TA was first flowering, the time of Schabacker and those who built on his work. So Jack has been around longer than anyone else on this board. And maybe married more times, too.

#17     Oct 9, 2012
  8. You think Jack is incoherent because you don't understand him. You have to form a gestalt of him over many years to "get it." His every post contains random pieces of the jigsa puzzle that is Jack. Certainly he redefined some common terms in TA to suit himself, but he also created many novel and original concepts. As for myself, "My name is nothing extra, so that I will not tell," I am merely the fool who clothes wisdom in nonsense.

#18     Oct 9, 2012
  9. CT10Gov

CT10Gov

You got proof for any of this? He also claimed that he taught at wharton, explored the arctic at the behest of the government (or the UN, or whatever), and a whole lot of other 'tall tales' (well, lies, actually).

#19     Oct 9, 2012
  10. Kurgan

Kurgan

Thank you I got it.but what are the three variables his talking about?

#20     Oct 9, 2012