BOOKZ

Discussion in 'Options' started by .sigma, Jul 21, 2020.

1. .sigma

.sigma

we need a new thread on some books you guys are currently reading, and or suggest we read. Let’s go.

Trading Systems and Money Management - Thomas Stridsman, very good book. He explains all the metrics used for evaluating your trading system/strategy.

The Laws of Trading - Agustin Lebron - I just started reading this book. It’s a fairly new release, so far it’s pretty good and unique.

my problem with a lot of books in our realm are very vague and the same boring “a buyer of a call has the right” crap.

FX Options and Smile Risk - Antonio Castagna, this book has some gems in it too, although I don’t trade fx options it’s applications in many topics can be applied for equity and index optionality as well. There’s a chapter in this book that explains pricing the iv smile via Vega weighted butterflies, this intrigued me. I am going to start a new thread on iv smile butterflies soon!

List your gems! Don’t be stingy my friends lol

2. .sigma

.sigma

Know Your Weapon Pt 1 & 2 - Espen Haug, if you’ve never read his material before you are in for a treat. This is a magazine article not a book but it’s really good. He goes into detail about higher moment Greeks like charm, Vanna, Volga, etc

Gamma Exposure ‘Quantifying Hedge Rebalancing in SPX options’ - Squeeze metrics, if you’ve never read his material before either, you are in for another cookie, they publish very interesting articles on gamma and dark pools.

TheGoonior2 likes this.
  3. Atikon

Atikon

The Second Leg Down Strategies for Profiting after a Market Sell-Off by Hari P. Krishnan

I'm currently looking for a book that is giving an overview over the Financial Institutions Landscape as well as their Institutions/Regulatory Bodies for their products. Much appreciated if someone has a reference

.sigma likes this.
  4. .sigma

.sigma

hmmm.. not sure if this is what you’re looking for but check out

“The Complete Guide To Hedge Funds and Strategies” by Daniel Capocci

edit: also try “Trading and Exchanges” by Larry Harris

5. Atikon

Atikon

Thank you but I was looking for a broad overview regarding Primary/Secondary Lenders, Brokers and the Regulatory Bodies that Govern them and their Financial Products (Exchange traded and OTC traded), the book you mentioned seem to focus on hedge funds only

6. .sigma

.sigma

peep the second book, it’s a huge book about almost everything in regards to exchanges

Atikon likes this.
  7. Atikon

Atikon

What second book? 2nd edition of the same book? I can only see one book from him on amazon. I see that he contributed to several books, but no links to be found on google/amazon

8. Atikon

Atikon

Found this here:
    Handbook of Key Global Financial Markets, Institutions, and Infrastructure

.sigma likes this.
  9. .sigma

.sigma

the second book in my post, I edited it. The book by Larry Harris

Atikon likes this.
  10. .sigma

.sigma

a quick glance of this book I notice it’s really a history lesson. Many chapters go back to the 1700s era even and explain the markets from that epoch. Cool I guess.

#10     Jul 21, 2020
    Atikon likes this.