Books & resources for news trading

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Stonker999, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Hello,

I am looking for books about news trading but I am really struggling to find them.

I am looking for books that describe different types of catalysts (e.g. Fda approvals, earnings, mergers etc.), as well as their effects on the stocks (sometimes they dont affect them, sometimes they affect them for a few minutes only or maybe hours, days etc)

I'd be interested in books that contain lots of info about market reactions to news in any market: commodities, forex, stocks, cryptocurrencies or others. What matters most is stocks because there are countless news releases that can give so many trading opportunities in them

"News profiteer's definitive guide to fundamental news trading" seems to me a great book for forex but sadly there are only a few tradable pairs in forex.

Any idea?

Thanks for your time

2. ZBZB

ZBZB

One of the original market wizard interviews talks about making money by buying after the market gets aback to where it was when the bad news was realeased.

3. Yeah that can be a great strategy. But how to anticipate if the price might reverse or keep going? Or when will the price reverse? What types of news might do this and on which type of company? I am looking at a book that discusses these types of things. Including statistics in the book would be very important as well

4. easymon1

easymon1

news release trade
    Heres a post about Daytrading Before or After News and Economic Data Releases.
    https://www.elitetrader.com/et/thre...t-right-here-baby.335635/page-18#post-5228245

5. El Trado

El Trado

6. Fonz

Fonz

I like this one: "Trading Catalysts: How Events Move Markets and Create Trading Opportunities" by Robert Webb.
    Like any other book, that will not give you precise entry and exit, but more awareness of what some events can do to markets.

7. raddo

raddo

YuriWerewolf likes this.