Books on Market Making

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by youngmoney, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Yes, I know there are active threads soliciting advice for books related to trading. However, I am looking for anything that would be relevant for someone learning options market making that would include position management and hedging. Thanks in advance!

2. Trajan

Trajan

There is a book by Cottle that is available somewhere for download. You can't buy it as it's out of print. The old print book was called Options Perception/Deception. I think the online one is called Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda. It is an excellent read. I recently reread my original print one. It had a profound impact on trading.

Another book is called Option Market Making bt Allen Jan Baird. I have read most of it. It's good and goes over some specifics of market making.

3. You could check out "The Market Maker's Edge" by Josh Lukeman. I've read it, and I found it a pretty good read at the time. It does describe some of the tactics, tools and techniques the MMs used a couple of years ago. It may be a little dated now (I haven't traded US stocks in the last five years). It's a much better book than most of the trading books out there, Lukeman seems to be a bright guy with a coherent writing style.

4. Vince1

Vince1

5. I used to be a MM in my previous lifetime. Was in the biz from 90-97. If anyone has questions, PM me and I will answer the best I can. Good luck.