Books for Price Action?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by codetroll, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Hey just wondering what books would be good for Price Action.

My list of books includes these:
    Encyclopedia of Chart Patterns

Trading Classic Chart Patterns

Suri's Book - Trade Chart Patterns Like the Pros.

I'm looking at getting:
    Point & Figure Charting: The Essential Application for Forecasting and Tracking Market Prices

Product Image
    Beyond Candlesticks: New Japanese Charting Techniques Revealed

Candlestick Charting Explained

Ichimoku Charts: An Introduction to Ichimoku Kinko Clouds

Does anyone have any suggestions to expand my library? ANY help would be appreciated. I'm lacking books on tape reading too, so if anyone has any suggestions that I should look at to learn this subject better I would be grateful.

Thank you!

Also:
    I'm also looking for any books on momentum books/moving averages/fibs, so I can learn more. Any suggestions in this area are welcome as well, for those PA haters out there. :)

2. if search around for a little, you will be able to find those books in pdf form, and it "wont cost you anything"

3. Excuse my ignorance but I really find pointless the fact of reading a book for price action. I got the basic from a internet and then experience was what developed my price action strategy.

4. Yeah I understand, I've actually read a lot on elitetrader and I've learned a lot from people around here. All books really do (if written well) is help compress the information into a single source to go to, rather than scattered all over the place...at least that's what I find.

Do you happen to have any online resources you wouldn't mind sharing or threads perhaps I might have missed?

Thanks!

5. ==============
    CodeT;
    Probably could get these thru library loan [free with library card]
    but i bought them.

a]How to Make Money Selling Stocks Short;
    by Wiliam O'Neil

b]The Market Makers Edge;
    by Joshua Lukeman

c]Plenty of moving averages;
    50 moving average has 2 fibo numbers in it, like it more than 55.:cool:

6. Well I can tell you that the only data I found on the web was about candles. I was also able to get familiar with some new names and patterns unknown by then. Basically I recommend candlecharts.com and tradeviewforex.

7. Joe Ross has a book out called Day Trading. Awesome book.

I haven't read any of his others so I can't comment.

Never thought I'd shell out $150 for a book, but a good friend of mine who is a very successful trader (many years experience on desks in Chicago) recommended that book specifically. Told me it would help shorten my learning curve drastically. I didn't have the benefit of learning by trading on desks for years at the Merc like he did, but he said studying that book would be about the best you can do otherwise.

Very helpful in learning how to really read price action, as well as many great aspects on trade management and psychology.

Good book, worth the cost no doubt. I know Joe Ross can seem a little pedestrian, but solid info is solid info is solid info. He has a simple, humorous, and to the point style of writing that makes you feel like you're talking to your grandpa. ha ha

Look on Amazon, B&N or maybe Ebay for a used copy and possibly save a few bucks. That's usually what I do.

8. I don't use candles personally, but I did enjoy reading Nison's main "Candlesticks" book.

A friend let me borrow it on a flight once.

9. atonix

atonix

Search online for works by Wyckoff (best to stick to stuff actually by him, not people's interpretation of his work). Day Trader's Bible is a good one.

Won't cost you a cent, and surpasses many books on price action out there.

#10     Jan 9, 2009