Books, Books, Books

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by J_Commisso, Sep 23, 2002.

1. Dan and Indie,

In the hopes that we can keep this thread on topic -- I am going to split the thread into another (I know that these are books we are talking about but since these do have a more spiritual flavor than psychological I feel it will draw away from main theme)...

OK guys I split the thread and named it Books -- Spiritual Flavor

PEACE

#31     Sep 24, 2002
  2. have heard some good things about it

will be looking to buy it this month

was curious if anyone else has read it

who is an "elite trader" :)

#32     Oct 13, 2002
  3. At Borders the other day I saw where Daytrading has finally gone mainstream. There on the shelf was "Idiots guide to Daytrading".

#33     Oct 13, 2002
  4. Some books talk about believing in your self and some books talk about believing in God, and some books talk about finding your self and some books talk about finding God.

So if you believe God and self are one and the same, now you have to jump back and forth between two threads.

#34     Oct 13, 2002
  5. How 'bout just that simple little book called the "Bible" and those simple little chapters callled Proverbs and Psalms.

#35     Oct 13, 2002
  6. check out the "chit chat" section in the forums. there is a thread called "regarding the existence or absence of god". perhaps you could add some insight or challenge some of the atheists.

best,

surf:)

#36     Oct 18, 2002
  7. nitro

nitro

I am reading it, but mostly for the "stories" - I am enjoying it...

nitro

#37     Oct 19, 2002
  8. nitro

nitro

Although not a book per se, I find the HONEST stories on ET to be the trader's equivalent of a "psychological" Zen Koan.

nitro

#38     Oct 19, 2002
  9. Not for anything Nitro BUT Zen Koan's are the anti-thesis of everything "psychological" or "intellectual". Their purpose is to tease one out of thought...

Sort of like a sculpter uses a chisel ----> the Zen masters used the Koans...

#39     Oct 19, 2002
  10. JayK

JayK

And like a real Zen Koan, despite straining our mind, we never know which story is honest on this board. :)

#40     Oct 19, 2002