Books, Books, Books

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by J_Commisso, Sep 23, 2002.

1. Hey thanks for the heads up old man :D :p

#21     Sep 23, 2002
  2. BSAM

BSAM

Trading In The Zone.....Mark Douglas.

But, IMO, you should NOT read this book if you are brand new to trading. Go through some success and failure, and mainly a lot of frustration for a while. THEN get this book. I know that if I had read it too soon after I started trading, I would not have been able to relate to many of the points Douglas tries to get across to his readers. After you have been trying to trade for a while, this book really opens up a lot of things for you.
    Excellent, excellent book!!!

BSAM

#22     Sep 23, 2002
    MACD likes this.
  3. Hendrix

Hendrix

Has anyone read "The Innergame of Trading: Modeling the Psychology of the Top Performing Traders" by Koppel and Angell, and if so, any thoughts on it? Worthwhile, or no?

#23     Sep 24, 2002
  4. Carboxyl

Carboxyl

Good idea of starting this forum Commisso, and thanks baron for implementing it!

#24     Sep 24, 2002
  5. edil

edil

The title might be mislead you to a different image, but this simple little book I read years ago allowed me to change my self. Still read it today for inspiration and goal setting.

The Instant Millionaire: A Tale of Wisdom and Wealth - Mark Fisher

#25     Sep 24, 2002
  6. Trading in the Zone----Mark Douglas

Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom----Van Tharp

and....despite the stupid, cheesy title:

How I Made $2,000,000 in the Stock Market---Nicholas Darvas

This last book, despite the title that sounds straight from a seminar/infomercial, is an excellent book on both the mental side of trading, and an effective trading method.

#26     Sep 24, 2002
  7. Trading For A Living by Alexander Elder is a great book. The section on Psychology and Money Management are worth the cover price.

#27     Sep 24, 2002
  8. My favorite practical psychology books are written by Dr. Van Tharp.Not just because they're practical to reread;but because Jack Schwager screened him.:cool:

------------------------------------

Like the balance of Theodore [''teddy''] Roosevelt. Known for pulling the trigger and just ''sit still'' on big game outings.

Like the time ''Teddy'' didn't pull the trigger on a little bear. His goal was a bigger bear. That's a true story and explains the nickname ''teddy'' bear.:cool:

#28     Sep 24, 2002
    booghi likes this.
  9. Threei

Threei

Zen in the Markets, by Edward Toppel. Easy read, points are good and well put. If you read Trading in the Zone by Douglas, this one won't tell you anything really new. Nonetheless, good one.

Vad

#29     Sep 24, 2002
  10. Yooooo Vad! :D

#30     Sep 24, 2002