Books Better than Dale Carnegie's "How To Influence People"?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by shortie, Jul 28, 2010.

1. The first two were done by Galliup and the focus was on leadership and good management of businesses. Some times this involves interpersonal relationships, and influencing people. The brain stuff is just a way to consider maturity and yout potemtial in life.

I noticed that not all of you are hermits. The cover illutradtions on the last two books aren't hermit oriented at all. Notice the Napoleon map; it is quite interesting.

All the books I mentioned are nice adjuncts for those who circulate in circles when impotance and skilldul things are done. Not a good idea to be handicapped at the OP's level if it can be helped.

#11     Aug 6, 2010
  2. thank you jack for your suggestions.

you seem to have customized the list.

#12     Aug 6, 2010
  3. A nice 7th book is Sally Hoghead's "Fascinate" , subtitled Your Seven Triggers to Persuasion and Captivation"

This proffering would not be considerd off topic, however. It kinda takes Carnegie on his level and jacks up the level to newer higher ground.

what is the need servd by "winning friends ans influencing people"? Sounds kinds dull to me and sort of recovery from handicaps in an artificial manner.

I like where the rubber meets the road. winnowing those form the herd.

Opening doors and climbing to the heights.

Carnegie was a rule book For those who didn't understand or have the rules.

What if I took the status of kid algo design and showed him how to go from a crumb bun biscuit to a celebration of qualitative excellence like a wedding cake seven feet tall? What would be the most fascinating and informative display he could have to show the team that works for him just how to go about the business of creating excellence?

the six boks were a material analysis followed by the brownie baking of the ingredients to come up with the real pictures that then could be displayed.

"Fascination" is just the punch line for the full color HD of interpersonal intrigue and super play with the huge markets, a source of unending enablement.

Its like Col Sanders meets Dave in Columbus and makes him a millionaire so Dave can invent Wendy's to take out the take outs. Square hamburger....fascinating.

Imagine what ET could have been if it had applied the sullivan principle. It was money oriented briefly but doesn't use communication tools like all the other congregations who moved the decimal point period after period.

Thw wizardry of taking the market's offer has to be supported by talents and growth and imagery. Bring out the bad, bury the gifts and don't keep up with laptop software. What a combo.

#13     Aug 6, 2010
  4. piezoe

piezoe

Jack, JAck, Jack -- what about the "Teacher and the Overhead Projector", or "Theory of Leisure Delivery Systems"? Did you forget to mention those? I don't think anyone has cracked these two either.

#14     Aug 6, 2010
  5. Please feel free to express your preferences. I'm sure they bring out pertinent aspects of your quest. I can imagine you enjoyed those to the hilt.

I googled myself to see if I had mentioned these favs of yours. My search is still running as it glides through this and that; the ETA's are next Wednesday AM and thurday PM.

If I don't find anything, I'll just chalk it up to some source limitations.

That phrase you use is really catchy. A lot of people on ET are in your camp.

#15     Aug 7, 2010
  6. Hmm. Some might argue multi-tasking is much more efficient than a linear, stair step approach.

#16     Aug 7, 2010
  7. i think jack is paid

everytime i read some thread i read through half a post and suddenly i stop understanding what the poster is saying because it makes no sense the poster is always jack. maybe i shoukld put him on ignore...

#17     Aug 11, 2010
  8. aztek

aztek

the 48 laws of power

the art of seduction

#18     Aug 12, 2010
  9. bolter

bolter

stocktraderrob,

Multitasking is inherently inefficient. Here's an exercise to demonstrate.

Take a piece of paper and a pen and time yourself:

1) Write down all the letters from A to J, then on the second row write all the numbers from 0 to 9.

2) Repeat the exercise but this time write the letters and numbers alternately.

How much difference?

Have a look at the work done by Larry Leach on Critical Chain Project Management.

bolter

#19     Aug 12, 2010
  10. byteme

byteme

It depends on the task.

#20     Aug 12, 2010