Books about fundamental analysis

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by fax, Feb 4, 2010.

1. theres a paid site out there that used to let you test fundamentals via a price screen - portfolio123.com I havent been there in about 2 years, but it was good to test ideas and backtest fundamentals.

#11     Feb 5, 2010
  2. fax

fax

Thanks. Do you know any similar website but free?

#12     Feb 5, 2010
  3. 2nd on the Fundamental Analysis by Schwager. May not direct your trading, but his TA and FA books seemed as thorough and readable compendiums. But they are somewhat dated...

#13     Feb 6, 2010
  4. I have to strongly disagree with that advice. Fundamentals and technicals are often in conflict depending upon what you are looking at. I think you'll find that if you have a knack for picking out the right information, having a confluence of both only increases the probability of traders.

#14     Feb 6, 2010
  5. fax

fax

Thanks.

Is there any book which explains FA in an easy way?

#15     Feb 7, 2010
  6. Any of the Peter Lynch books give a good idea of how a portfolio manager thinks, how to read a balance sheet and cash flow statement, how to think about the economic cycle, etc.

#16     Feb 7, 2010
  7. I think it's a lot more fun to learn how to read "off balance sheet" transactions.

#17     Feb 7, 2010
  8. taowave

taowave

Yes,fundamentals and technicals are often in conflict,which implies that there are times when the fundamentals and technicals are pointing in the same direction..

#18     Feb 27, 2010