Books about exit strategies

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by ggbal, Mar 5, 2003.

1. ggbal

ggbal

There are tons of books about the setup and entry point. Among of them, some books discussed about protective stop. But very few book has talked about exit strategies. Any of you can recommend books which not only describe the set up and entry but also specific exit strategies (not discretionary)?

2. nkhoi

nkhoi

you are in luck, email a request for NY expo 'exit method seminar' pdf file by Chuck Lebeau to clebeau2@cox.net

3. This is one more evidence that my statement that 'every fool can enter a trade but it takes a wise man to exit it' is correct. Most books indeed talk about entries and setups, but only the few really good ones give you the rules of how to exit.

4. gary

gary

What kind of trading are you doing. Scalping daytrading swing???

5. nitro

nitro

You keep touting this crap as if it were a Physical Constant of the Universe or something.

Look, I can safely tell you - all of _my_ exits are AUTOMATIC from the point I enter a trade. Entering a trade is significantly harder for _me_ than exiting it. Las time I checked I was not a fool or a moron.

It may be more prudent of other peoples experience for you to say, "In my experience it has been shown repeatedly that exiting trades is considerably harder than entering a trade."

nitro

6. ggbal

ggbal

I am doing inter-term in one account and swing trade in another account.

7. Kermit

Kermit

ggbal:

I recall that in Van K. Tharp’s “Trade Your Way To Financial Freedom” book © 1999, there contained a chapter on How To Take Profits where he talked about various exit strategies including: Timed Stops, Trailing Stops (TS), Moving Average TS, Price Retracement TS, Parabolic Stops, Profit Retracement Exit, Profit Objectives, and Volatility exit.

Kermit

8. skeptic123

skeptic123 Guest

9. I don't think that you are a fool or moron, but you definitely have some problem accepting other opinions. This is what this board is about, expressing opinions, in case you did not notice that yet.

Plus, this thing has nothing to do with you personally, that's just a general statement that is meant to say that it's easier to enter than to exit in my opinion. Do I need to make it sound politically correct so that you are happy?

#10     Mar 7, 2003