Bookmarking

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by billb2112, Jul 14, 2003.

1. I've been known in the past to be as blind as a bat and have a mind like a steel grate so go easy on me if this already exists ....

I'm looking for a bookmarking style feature where I can bookmark threads (not from my browser either). That way when I jump on the site, I can see the most recent threads as well as a list of bookmarked threads.

Is this possible? Sure seems like a breeze to implement and would up the clicks for sure.

P.S. I don't want an email everytime something is posted to the thread either. I want to read the thread on my time, not simply because something was posted.

2. nitro

nitro

If you look at the bottom of every page in a thread, there is a little box with a link in it called "Receive an email whenever a new post is added to this thread by subscribing to it."

This will in effect bookmark a thread for you. You can see all the subscribed threads in "Bookmark" form by then going to the menu item on the upper right hand corner of the page and look under "Your Account." They are all listed there.

nitro

3. Cool, I will give that a whirl, however, is there a way to get the bookmarking and NOT the email?

4. nitro

nitro

Hmmm, I do not believe so. I have it set up that way, but I am "special."

;-)

nitro

5. You could block the ET email address in your email account.

6. I was thinking of going that route, or at the very least, marking it as junk mail and never having to deal with it.

I'll do this in the meantime, but I propose moving toward a little more elegance in the future :)