bookmark a thread

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by billp, Sep 9, 2006.

1. billp

billp

Baron,

Can we bookmark a thread (be it a closed or still opened thread) and the list be placed in a section in our account? We can then click on any of this bookmarked thread title to take us to that thread? Thks.

The above is different from subscribing to a thread as I do not necessarily want to be notified when a thread that I subscribed/post to is answered. Thus, what I'm more interested in is having a list of threads that I feel is worth reading from time to time.

2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

That's certainly possible but I don't see why you wouldn't just use the bookmark feature of your web browser.

3. billp

billp

The problem with bookmark feature of my web browser (I'm assuming that its the word 'favourite' in my internet explorer here) is specific to the computer. Thus, if my computer crashed (which has happened before) or I use another computer, I will not be able to know them.

Thus, can you pls implement the bookmark feature in ET. Thanks.

4. Step into 2006 - bookmarks should not be specific to your computer any more:

http://del.icio.us

http://myweb.yahoo.com/

5. billp

billp

Thanks.

Yeah, I'm certainly from the stone age. Had to really learn computer when I took up trading.

6. No prob - play around with those sites, and note that you don't have to share your stuff with anyone else...they can be private to you. But sharing is cool if you want to let your friends see what you are looking at...

Also, the "tags" concept is much better than just a folder - you can have multiple tags for any one bookmark that you can look it up by.

I think you will like them, you can now access your bookmarks from anywhere.

7. billp

billp

Thanks snooptrader. Very much appreciated:)

8. hcour

hcour Guest

snoop,

Kewl. Never thought of that. Firefox even has an add-on for "delicious". Thanks.

H