Booker crushes Teapartier to win NJ Senate Seat

Discussion in 'Politics' started by exGOPer, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Ricter

Ricter

Now the US Chamber of Commerce is going after the tea party. They've had enough of the "silliness". The WSJ, now the Chamber, that's big.

#11     Oct 18, 2013
  2. jem

jem

as a person supposedly concerned with the workers why would you take glee in that.

I would think you would be quite concerned when big business can make the dems and the establishment Rs... jumped through hoops and bark like dogs on t.v.

do you support banks and big business?
    do you support the extracting of america.

maybe the fact you work in the oil industry in canada should tell us who you really work for.

and your for the people b.s. is just that.

#12     Oct 18, 2013
  3. Ricter

Ricter

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. You might say it about the left, I say it about the tea party.

#13     Oct 18, 2013
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

And he would be right and you are of course wrong.

#14     Oct 18, 2013
  5. jem

jem

I read this and I may have come off as some anti business person...

I am not. I own a couple of small businesses. I am the member of a golf club...

I personally had no problem with big business... almost my entire lifel.

In fact my dad was a lawyer for an oil company.

I think my view of the situation is summed up by the quote I heard a retired #2 guy at one of the largest oil companies... say...

the problem with Congress today is that they are no longer our crooks.

#15     Oct 18, 2013
  6. Just like Piezoe...they both know the inevitability of what will take place, BUT they HOPE that they can ride it out until they are six feet under.

Same bullshit. Throw the upcoming generations under the bus. Hoist the debt burden on their backs, so they can ride out the last few years (maybe decade) of asset inflation and/or retirement payouts.

Just be honest about it.

#16     Oct 18, 2013
  7. Therein lies the rub...

The crony capitalism and/or exemptions, subsidized IR's, tax breaks, etc, etc...that government grants to the most politically connected businesses is what gives ammo to the rabid leftists.

In most cases, I can't blame them. But I try to remain as objective as possible (hence why I despise both political parties).

Divide and conquer is so advanced at this late stage of the game. There is so little common ground on the "surface" of these debates...but underneath it, there is more than we would believe. The problem is that with a two party system, the "solution" is always a matter of the "lessor of two evils", and NEVER a structural fix to what ails the system.

At some point, I just gave up on this delusion that we have any will to fix what's wrong...O-care is a perfect example of this mentality. Take a broken system and make it infinitely worse, yet somehow appease one group at the major expense of the other. And of course all of the angst falls upon the broken two party partisan ankle biting.

It would be comical if it weren't so damn tragic.

#17     Oct 18, 2013
  8. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

For your entertainment...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wHN0ZeS5c-4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#18     Oct 18, 2013
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

CNSNews.com) - As Cory Booker enters the United States Senate to fill the unexpired term of Frank Lautenberg, he leaves the city of Newark, N.J., behind with a rising unemployment rate, as well as a crime rate well above the national average.

Booker won a special election on Oct. 16 to fill the seat of longtime Sen. Frank Launtenberg, who died earlier this year. The seat in the interim had been filled by Republican Jeff Chiesa, who had previously served as New Jersey attorney general. Booker was sworn in by Vice President Joe Biden on Capitol Hill on Thursday.

During Booker’s term as mayor, unemployment in Newark has increased by 102 percent. In 2006, the unemployment rate was 4.6 percent, and in 2012, the unemployment rate was 9.3 percent.

- See more at: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/jam...rising-unemployment-rate#sthash.Dms2R6R2.dpuf

#19     Oct 31, 2013