Booker crushes Teapartier to win NJ Senate Seat

Discussion in 'Politics' started by exGOPer, Oct 17, 2013.

1. exGOPer

exGOPer

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Study Explodes Lefty Talking Point: Tea Partiers More Scientifically Literate Than Others

Who's going to break the news to MSNBC's Chris Matthews? Apparently, a study by Yale University -- you know, that great New Haven bastion of conservatism -- finds that folks who self-identify with the Tea Party are more literate when it comes to scientific matters than non-Tea Partiers.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/ken-sh...partiers-more-scientifically-li#ixzz2i28dD2hh

3. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

This makes me laugh because it reminds me a school board meeting in our local County (Wake, NC) several years ago. Our school board has been a circus over the past few years consisting of both very left wing and right wing board members who tended to not listen to parents.

We have a public Q&A section at every school board meeting. A parent (right-wing) was politely questioning the left wing school board member why his children were shipped to a different school every single year in support of a failed socio-economic diversity policy instead of being sent to a neighborhood school near his home. The school board member was a pompous fool with a PhD in Education who demanded that everyone address him as "Doctor". The school board member told the parent in a public meeting that "he wasn't smart enough to understand the importance of the diversity policy" therefore he would not be allowed to speak further. The news crew interviewed the upset parent after meeting - who made it very clear that he had dual scientific PhDs and worked as one of Glaxo's top researchers while also listing out some of the leading international recognitions he had recently received (which he was already in the media for in the prior months)- while adding some pointed comments about the lack of intellect of the school board "doctor".

I find that 'liberal' people tend to have degrees in non-scientific areas such as education and the arts. Most independent and 'right wing' people I meet tend to have degrees in science and math related fields - and are far more scientifically literate than the 'liberal' crowd.

4. piezoe

piezoe

(r = 0.05, p = 0.05) hee haw! They are more science literate than my goldfish "Henry" was, too. :D He/she was found in the driveway next to an humongous pile of bird crap. Sad to go that way, I had high hopes for him/her, but his/her offspring are frisky and happy in the pond. God I hope they don't suffer a similar fate.

5. exGOPer

exGOPer

You might want to actually read the study.

Relevant quotes.

"The sign of the correlation indicates that science comprehension decreases as political outlooks move in the rightward direction--i.e., the more "liberal" and "Democrat," the more science comprehending."

"self-described “tea partiers” also scored higher scientific comprehension than “conservatives."

6. The further right, the more dumb. Generally speaking.

[​IMG]

7. Max E.

Max E.

LOL, booker wins newark in a solidly blue state where the literacy rate is less than 30% SHOCKER.

Meanwhile Christie has a 65%+ approval in a blue state after he single handedly took apart the government unions, and most specifically decimated the teachers union, a group of left wing thugs who were long thought to be untouchable. Which set off a movement of government deunionisation that came to many different states.

Yeah Jersey is a real winner for you commies, lol.

8. Lucrum

Lucrum

:D

I notice our rabid flaming liberals just had to dispute the idea tea party members are more literate in science. They can't stand the idea. Even if a liberal institution came to that conclusion.

from Politico:

A finding in a study on the relationship between science literacy and political ideology surprised the Yale professor behind it: Tea party members know more science than non-tea partiers...

...However, those who identified as part of the tea party movement were actually better versed in science than those who didn’t, Kahan found. The findings met the conventional threshold of statistical significance, the professor said.

Kahan wrote that not only did the findings surprise him, they embarrassed him.

9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Yep

10. jem

jem

This poll has been highlighted on et before.
    every person should know the tea party is wealthier and more educated.

Tea Party supporters are wealthier and more well-educated than the general public, and are no more or less afraid of falling into a lower socioeconomic class, according to the latest New York Times/CBS News poll.

Gretchen Ertl for The New York Times

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/15/us/politics/15poll.html

#10     Oct 18, 2013