Book Titles

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by FGBS, Sep 26, 2007.

I have read Markets Wizards; Reminiscences of a Stock Operator; Fooled By Randomness

1. None of the above

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  2. One of the above

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  3. Two of the above

16 vote(s)
    47.1%
  4. All of the above

12 vote(s)
    35.3%
  1. I am interested in this vote.

I, however, have to be on the fence this time. I have read none of them.

This website has the "Books" section, which I am afraid is not so popular probably because of its coverage of books.

I hope we can talk more about on books. Or maybe we talk a lot. (a newbie like me simply does not know...) If that is the case, I apologize.

I have not found any interesting book recently since amazon.com recommended "Way of the Turtle".

#11     Sep 27, 2007
  2. I read Reminiscences several times and Wizards twice-many of the interviews more than that. I've yet to read Randomness but I have picked it up and read a few paragraphs here and there.

I'm currently working on Manias, Panics, and Crashes by Kindleberger and Aliber. It's a tough read-more like an economics text but despite a lot of the negative reviews I have heard on it, the information contained within is extensive. It does skip around a bit, but I especially enjoy some of the historic information on Japan which gets to the heart of the low-interest rate regime now: high-public debt, negative core-CPI, and of course, the long-term recession.

Here's my book thread I started a while back too:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=97424

#12     Sep 27, 2007
  3. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I have read "reminiscences" and "market wizards" and as Rhody said, "Market wizards" is the best.

I don't really understand the hype behind reminiscences besides knowing how traders were trading( gambling )in the 20's. Perhaps I'm rude but I didn't feel like I have read the most influential book in trading.

My favourite book is "new trading systems and methods" by Kaufman and the wizards, all of them.

#13     Sep 27, 2007
  4. kingliam

kingliam

AGREE... UGLY AMERICANS is awesome read! Got it as a gift as a fluke. The same author also wrote "Bringing down the house", about Vegas and the MIT students. also a good read.

#14     Oct 2, 2007