Book suggestion. Understading markets and correlations

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Canados, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Canados

Canados

Hi guys,
    I read a lot of trading books, but most of them were about technical analysis and money management.

I'm now looking for a book from which I can better learn and understand markets and correlations, the financial system. I'm not looking for a get rich book or secret book. I would like to see markets like a wall street guy

2. Investmens by Bodie, Kane, Marcus is the text used by ALL finance MBA programs, at least in the US.

3. gmst

gmst

investment biker by jim rogers
    and the follow-up
    adventure capitalist by jim rogers

Excellent practical understanding, comparative study of world economies in very simple easy to understand practical words, different countries give a great cross-sectional view of multiple economies at work, and their economic-political-social-entrepreneurial correlation and the follow-up book gives a great understanding of different economies across different times. So, you can do an evolutionary comparison. Author forecasts different countries state in future in his first book and in 2nd book follows up with those forecasts and sees which ones turn out to be correct and which ones turn out to be wrong and more importantly WHY......

I recommend these books over any academic book to understand the world's economies at large. Author started the most successful fund in history with Soros.