book : Speed Traders

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by syswizard, Aug 7, 2011.

1. rosy2

rosy2

exactly, just look at the lumber market as a case study. limit up/down all the time

#11     Aug 8, 2011
  2. I'm halfway done with the book and I'm pretty disappointed. There's just too much filler information, probably inserted from the author's grad school thesis.

The personal insights of the guys that he interviews are somewhat vague. Obviously no one wants to discuss strategy. It's too technical.

I wouldn't recommend this book... too much filler information. Although it's well organized in the book (mainly as a timeline) you can find it on the web.

#12     Aug 11, 2011
  3. That's NOT the case. The issue is that It's PROPRIETARY....not technical.
    The value of the book to me was to see the mention of all of the "players" in the industry.
    Indeed, he uses the book as a segway into his lucrative seminar business:
    http://www.hftleadersforum.com/

#13     Aug 11, 2011
  4. Nice... I paid $16 for a filler with a marketing spin

#14     Aug 11, 2011
  5. Dude - if you are obsessing over 16 bucks, you shouldn't be trading......now if you spend 16 HUNDRED on his seminar and it proves to be a dud, then I can understand your concern.

#15     Aug 12, 2011
  6. I'm not... I just don't like reading books that turn out to be pitchbooks for something.

Earlier this year I bought "The Other Side of Wall Street" by the minyanville guy. It was also $16 but I'm still not happy paying for garbage, at any cost. At least Todd's book was short and a better story... not a good book though.

#16     Aug 12, 2011