book shelf

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by mind, Mar 19, 2004.

1. mind

i have two newbies within my team and i want to feed them with best information about the markets to enable a steep productivity curve. one is c++ pro, the other is mathematician with c++ know how as well. both already programmed some trading systems.

it's been a while since i bought trading books and i am definitely not up-to-date. this is why i would like to ask if you could tell me your favourite books which you think should be on the book shelf of a systematic trading operation.

i place this here within trading, since i hope for some reaction before it is moved somewhere else, where there is less noise. :)

2. Banjo

3. mind

tahnx banjo

so you are going for:

Trading Systems That Work: Building & Evaluating Effective Trading Systems, Irwin Trader's Edge Ser.
    Author: Stridsman, Thomas

did you read it? are you trading systematic?
  4. Diode

George Pruitt, editor of Futures Truth magazine, has a list of recommended books on trading systems at He's probably one of the best qualified people to make suggestions in this area.

George Pruitt's book list

5. i see he reccomends one of my all time faves:

"winner take all" by gallacher

EVERY new trader should read this one.

6. Surf,
    Interested as to why you mention that book. Isn't he the guy who rubbishes TA?

7. yes he does, to a point. have you read it ?

i utilize TA extensively to provide a framework on market chaos but am well aware of its limitations. gallacher's book is an eye opener--i highly reccomend it to TA believers and non believers.

8. I looked at the reviews on amazon and decided against buying it. But since you found it useful I'll take another look.
  9. Wonderful list!
    Besides the list, I recommand:

1. Trade Like a Hedge Fund: 20 Successful Un-correlated Strategies & Techniques to Winning Profits.
    Author: James Altucher

2. Design, Testing, and Optimization of Trading Systems
    by Robert Pardo
  10. mind

thanx. i am not sure what we are talking here when we say TA, but it is in any case interestng to see profound criticism.
    #10     Mar 22, 2004