book shelf

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by mind, Mar 19, 2004.

1. mind

mind

i have two newbies within my team and i want to feed them with best information about the markets to enable a steep productivity curve. one is c++ pro, the other is mathematician with c++ know how as well. both already programmed some trading systems.

it's been a while since i bought trading books and i am definitely not up-to-date. this is why i would like to ask if you could tell me your favourite books which you think should be on the book shelf of a systematic trading operation.

i place this here within trading, since i hope for some reaction before it is moved somewhere else, where there is less noise. :)

thnx

2. Banjo

Banjo

3. mind

mind

tahnx banjo

so you are going for:

Trading Systems That Work: Building & Evaluating Effective Trading Systems, Irwin Trader's Edge Ser.
    Author: Stridsman, Thomas

did you read it? are you trading systematic?

4. Diode

Diode

George Pruitt, editor of Futures Truth magazine, has a list of recommended books on trading systems at Amazon.com. He's probably one of the best qualified people to make suggestions in this area.

George Pruitt's book list

5. i see he reccomends one of my all time faves:

"winner take all" by gallacher

EVERY new trader should read this one.

surfer:)

6. traderob

traderob

Surf,
    Interested as to why you mention that book. Isn't he the guy who rubbishes TA?

7. yes he does, to a point. have you read it ?

i utilize TA extensively to provide a framework on market chaos but am well aware of its limitations. gallacher's book is an eye opener--i highly reccomend it to TA believers and non believers.

surfer:)

8. traderob

traderob

I looked at the reviews on amazon and decided against buying it. But since you found it useful I'll take another look.

9. Wonderful list!
    Besides the list, I recommand:

1. Trade Like a Hedge Fund: 20 Successful Un-correlated Strategies & Techniques to Winning Profits.
    Author: James Altucher

2. Design, Testing, and Optimization of Trading Systems
    by Robert Pardo

10. mind

mind

thanx. i am not sure what we are talking here when we say TA, but it is in any case interestng to see profound criticism.

#10     Mar 22, 2004