Book recommendation needed: re: Markets in general, etc.

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by stray_cougar, Aug 25, 2007.

1. THANKS A LOT FOR EVERYONE'S SUGGESTIONS SO FAR. ...i must not have been subscribed to this post ! thanks again

#11     Aug 31, 2007
  2. Read something more enjoyable then a trading book.

Everything written in those books can be found at investopedia
    Go figure.

#12     Aug 31, 2007
  3. Larry Harris is a must from a navigational point of view. Tab it with small 3m stickums that have a written reminder word on them. Chuck "When Genius Failed" simply because it is unreal in a lot of ways.

#13     Aug 31, 2007
  4. i feel compelled to add to my own post here, for anyone looking to learn more about how the markets IN GENERAL really work, in very specific detail... I think this adds a lot to most styles of trading

i'm in graduate school and we read in 'review week' "THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO CAPITAL MARKETS FOR QUANTITATIVE PROFESSIONALS" by Dr. Alex Kuznetsov

this is great. i'd assume it is a more updated version of something similar to the Harris book previously recommended to me (thanks again)

this will have limited use to someone just trading based on game theory (nothing wrong with that necessarily), and does contain some references to trading strategies, but is not the focus

for anyone focusing on more complex securities out there- i'd also recommend any book by my current advisor, Dr. Salih Neftci; esp his Financial Engineering book

best

p.s. another cool site for books: http://www.goodreads.com , (social networking/sharing site for books), although i'm not very active on there

#14     Feb 16, 2008