Book recommedations on Algo trading and backtesting

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by cafeole, Nov 1, 2020.

1. cafeole

cafeole

He points out that the Turtle method worked in an environment of higher inefficiencies in the market. Today's markets are are much more efficient. He actually says the Turtle method will not work today.

He is also mostly talking about machine learning algos. They DO need stationary data to work. So, as Val said, we need to break down the data into time splices that will be more stationary than long time slices (like years).

#21     Nov 5, 2020
    #22     Nov 7, 2020
    cafeole likes this.
  3. raddo

raddo

It’s not a book per se, but I can point you to Quantpedia - The Encyclopedia of Quantitative Trading Strategies.

It’s a database of ideas for quantitative trading strategies derived out of the academic research papers (from research portals, financial journals, universities etc.), interesting papers are selected and performance and risk characteristics and trading rules in plain language are extracted.Subset of strategies is backtested and you can review out-of-sample chart, statistics and code written in QuantConnect framework …

#23     Nov 11, 2020
    damon_achey and cafeole like this.
  4. sef88

sef88

You may look at Robert Carvers's Leveraged Trading too.

#24     Nov 12, 2020
    cafeole likes this.
  5. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

checking back you rich yet?

#25     Nov 17, 2020
  6. Kust

Kust

Is it really good?

He talks a lot about Fibbonacci and Elliot, and it undermines my confidence

#26     Nov 19, 2020
  7. ph1l

ph1l

Yes. It's much more comprehensive than just Fibonacci techniques and Elliot waves.

#27     Nov 19, 2020
    cafeole likes this.
  8. cafeole

cafeole

I made more today than ever.

#28     Nov 26, 2020
    MarkBrown likes this.
  9. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

very happy you are doing well!

i wish i could stress how important "smarter trading" has been to me.

m

#29     Nov 26, 2020
  10. cafeole

cafeole

I was trying to be funny. Today is Thanksgiving. We just moved to another state last week and I haven't had a moment to explore the books and try to implement anything.

#30     Nov 26, 2020
    MarkBrown likes this.