Book quote: never ask a trader if he is profitable!

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by crgarcia, Jul 16, 2010.

1. "`Never ask a man if he is from Sparta: If he were, he would have let you know such an important fact - and if he were not, you could hurt his feelings.' Likewise, never ask a trader if he is profitable; you can easily see in his gesture and gait."

You can easily spot losers:
    For example in their (angry, frustrated and intolerant) replies in forums.

2. Retief

Retief

I'm pretty sure you're a loser.

3. Bob111

Bob111

add clueless idiotic threads creator(aka-crgarcia)
    add-incompetent\idiotic replies(see crgarcia front runing quote)
    add-bs statements without any proof(crgarcia)

4. Yup, spotted you right away

:p

5. I know who had posted the thread just by the title. Very consistent.

He needs it to have a good night sleep.

More than once a month.

Forums ›› Trading for a Living ›› Psychology ›› Book quote: never ask a trader if he is profitable!
    Forums ›› Trading for a Living ›› Psychology ›› You are more likely to become a top Hollywood actor or popstar than profitable trader
    Forums ›› Trading for a Living ›› Psychology ›› Daytrading quickly becomes a bullsh*t job, and as such people justify it?
    Forums ›› Trading for a Living ›› Psychology ›› Lost time is worse than lost money
    Forums ›› Trading for a Living ›› Psychology ›› Daytraders are delusional of the real world?
    Forums ›› Trading for a Living ›› Psychology ›› If you get mostly losses, then you are a loser?
    Forums ›› Trading for a Living ›› Psychology ›› If you MUST make money, then you won't make any money?
    Forums ›› Trading for a Living ›› Psychology ›› Loners get easily suckered into daytrading?

6. Looks like this guy has a grudge against traders. why is he here?

7. Why did the trader cross the road?

To get away from the piker.

8. You're free to leave at any time mcmasters.

:p

9. Help, I'm making money in Daytrading, what's wrong with me ?

10. As I recall...

You would consider financially backing up:
    - A stranger who posted a story on an anonymous forum
    - One who claimed to be 22 year old but already with 16000 hour of screen time
    - One who claimed to have a profitable trading strategy (on paper) but no money to trade
    - One who "the right teachers always coming into my life at exactly the right time"

You are willing to bet that this guy can be the next Tudor with $6k of your money. If you lose, that's would be a sweet tax write-up.

Wow! Who is more delusional?

May be wiring money to a guy in Nigeria who sent me an e-mail on the Internet saying he will share his 3 million dollar inheritance with me is not too bad.

Quote:
    The investor would have 6k at risk with unlimited upside and a sweet little tax deduction should the "partnership" blow out. There is such a thing as beginners luck. How else to access that edge? Not to mention the small potential this guy is the next Tudor. You can't win if you don't play. Talent appears under strange guise at times.
    Un-Quote

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=203132&perpage=6&pagenumber=5

#10     Jul 18, 2010