Book keeper from small town in illinois steals 53 million. No one notices.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., May 4, 2012.

1. Max E.

Max E.

Book keeper from small town in illinois(16k people) steals 53 million. No one notices for more than 20 years, another proud day for big government!

This woman stole 53 million over 20+ years, and no one caught her until now, how in the hell is it even possible to lift 53 million from the treasury in a town of just 16,000 with no one noticing for that amount of time? This woman is the Bernie Madoff of government.....

This really makes me laugh at the old fail safe response that politicians give when dodging the question of where they want to cut spending, "We are going to eliminate the waste, fraud, and abuse."

Except it never happens and people like this chick keep on popping up, and it takes 20 goddamn years to catch them, and politicians still cant figure out a way to possibly cut the budget, without the entire government falling apart, and people starving in the streets, and the world coming to an end.....

<iframe src='http://widget.newsinc.com/single.html?WID=2&VID=23620082&freewheel=69016&sitesection=breitbart' height='320' width='425' scrolling='no' frameborder='0' marginwidth='0' marginheight='0'></iframe>

2. pspr

pspr

Obviously, the politicians didn't need it since they didn't miss it for 20 years. We need her to go to Washington and siphon off some federal money into a taxpayer redistribution account. As good as she is we would probably get ALL of our tax payments back every year.

I say appoint her as U.S. Treasurer. Let her keep 1% of everything she gets back for us.

3. so she gets by with it for 20years, maximum sentence is 20 years but she will get 5, she has cash stashed all over probably... I might want to be her penpal!

4. Max E.

Max E.

Good point, i have often thought one of the only ways to fix the inefficiencies in government would be to pay some high quality, notoriously frugal, hatchet men, like airline CEO's, a commission on what they save to come in and start pointing out the inefficiencies......

I bet a team of those guys could cut the government by a few hundred billion in a month.

5. Mercor

Mercor

Reagan's hometown to boot.

6. It certainly makes me wonder if she wasn't the "patsy" in this whole scheme. OR how many others on the inside participated in this scandal. No chance that someone systematically steals 53million over 20 years without alot of help.

7. pspr

pspr

You don't think she has one hell of a retirement plan going for her? :D

8. Mav88

Mav88

Max, I don't get you. People haven't changed in many thousands of years, why do you expect politicians and government to be suddenly better?

9. Mav88

Mav88

Remember Al Gore's reinventing gov't? All that it ever was were militray cuts. I can tell you from first hand experience that it is as wasteful and inefficient as ever.

Riddle: The uniformed military is held up as an example of good working government, and I agree that corruption there is lower than most anywhere else. There is one factor that seperates the military from other government organs, what is it?

10. I'm going to guess and say, the military doesn't solicit votes. Although I'd bet there is plenty of politics.

#10     May 5, 2012