Bono's BS

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Pa(b)st Prime, Jan 26, 2007.

1. Cesko

Cesko

If I am a politician (living off tax revenues) and knowing about Bono's tax -avoidance moves I am gonna listen politely too and think fuck-off idiot and that's where it would end. They listen and do nothing for the most part (newsmax mag.)
    Regarding Bono's sincerety, I am too old to believe in just "words".

#31     Jan 29, 2007
  2. Very deep thinking there, very deep...

LOL!

#32     Jan 29, 2007
  3. Cesko

Cesko

SPIN.SPIN.And more SPIN.
    Talk about logic and common sense.

#33     Jan 29, 2007
  4. Cesko

Cesko

You are right, it's funny we can go on forever like that.

#34     Jan 29, 2007
  5. It would be nice to have you actually display logic and common sense...for a change.

Oh, and we can go on forever like that...

like that, like that, like that...

#35     Jan 29, 2007
  6. Yeah ill say.
    So by your reckoning, Everyone should tell cheney etc to rack off out of office, because their tax shelters are a conflict of interest?
    Come on.

Well guys, heres the clincher .................

I think ive figured out where all these guys are coming from;
    Bono's a catholic. If he was a rastafarian, nobody would give a rats.

Articulated by none other, than one of the wonderfully marvellous

BALDWIN brothers.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/baldwin slams bonos charity work_1001420

#36     Jan 29, 2007
  7. From my previous link.............

I suppose you'd all agree with this, too?

Steven baldwin;

"You would do far more good if you just preached the gospel of Jesus rather than trying to get rid of Third World debt relief."

fing absurd. Let them eat crucifix'es, thatll solve the problem.

#37     Jan 29, 2007
  8. I sincerely hope that was a typo, or a bushism on Baldwins part.......................

Yep, it DID say "get rid of third world debt RELEIF".

Well, he is a Baldwin.

#38     Jan 29, 2007
  9. jem

jem

First of all troll. I gave links to Susskinds statements in interviews and a link to his entire introduction. I never said I read the book. I

KJ then said he sent him an email but he never produced the email and when pressed KJ did not say that susskind refuted the quotes that I cited. To cite KJs unsubstantiated claims about an email that was not even on piont manifests your juvenile reasoning abilities.

Prove that the author said I was wrong and then you are proving the author said his own quotes in interviews are wrong.

Regarding this thread. take away my losses comment (which is not important to the main concept) and you still are an idiot.

Playing poker and writing books about the need to be virtuous are inconsistent with each other.

so you can leave us troll.

#39     Jan 30, 2007
  10. The single biggest reason why we get the bad politicians we have today. People actually believe this bull***t.

It goes against the whole capitalist belief. I guess the wingers are never believers in capitalism anyway.

#40     Jan 30, 2007