Boner Caves on Tax Hikes

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Dec 15, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

Speaker John Boehner has proposed allowing tax rates to rise for the wealthiest Americans if President Barack Obama agrees to major entitlement cuts, according to several sources close to the talks.

It is the first time Boehner has offered any boost in marginal tax rates for any income group, and it would represent a major concession for the Ohio Republican. Boehner suggested hiking the Bush-era tax rates for top wage earners, including those with annual incomes of $1 million or more annually, beginning Jan. 1, two sources said.

http://www.politico.com/story/2012/12/boehner-pitches-millionaire-tax-hike-85128.html?hp=f1

2. I say end the earned income credit scam and if rates go up for one tax bracket they should all go up.

If I were (stab conservatives in the back) boner I would go with end the EIC and offer up raising the rates on the first 2 tax brackets:D :D in exchange for cuts to entitlement spending and the elimination of dept of education, IRS,state dept, homeland security, DEA,BAT, FINCIN.

3. pspr

pspr

I have a hunch that the Democraps won't go for that. Not even parts of it.

Let's just go over the cliff and see what shakes out.

4. Mercor

Mercor

Obama is like a high income tax junkie going through withdraws. He needs it bad.

Give him the million dollar tax. This affects very little of the small business class and will probably hit mostly Liberals.

Now Obama will be stuck trying to cut programs or tax the middle class.

Though , watch next big attack against military spending

5. pspr

pspr

The good news is Obama turned down Boehner's offer to cave in on incomes over $1 million.

Way to go Obama! Hang in there until you get a big enough tax increase to kill the economy. Besides, I'm sure Boehner wanted some government spending cuts and entitlement reforms. We can't have any of that now, can we? We need at least another $100 billion stimulus so you can pay back your donors around 100 fold what they gave you. That's the democrapic way, isn't it?

6. He caved on the debt ceiling as well.

I wonder if he's going for maximum economic destruction under obama.