Bonds readying to advance?

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by gharghur2, Dec 10, 2005.

1. reminds me of monopoly money
    i always won that game
    park place, board walk :)

#41     Dec 14, 2005
  2. Urkel

Urkel

Dec. 15 (Bloomberg)

Investors pushed yields on 10-year notes up from the low this month as Federal Reserve reports showed factory output in New York state grew more than forecast and the proportion of industrial capacity in use rose. Two days ago the Fed said ``possible increases in resource utilization as well as elevated energy prices have the potential to add to inflation pressures.''

``We are still very bullish on the U.S. economy,'' said Michael Mewes, who manages $3.6 billion of bonds as head of fixed income at JPMorgan Fleming Asset Management in Frankfurt. ``We prefer to be short Treasuries.''

The Treasury today said foreign purchases of Treasuries rose by a net $30.4 billion in October, compared with $21.8 billion in September. Investors abroad hold about half the $4.08 trillion of marketable Treasury securities outstanding, according to Treasury figures.

Japan, the largest foreign owner of Treasuries, cut its holdings by a net $5.7 billion to $681.6 billion, the biggest drop since January. The biggest net purchaser was the Caribbean, where many hedge funds are based. The area increased its holdings by a net $10.6 billion to $113.5 billion.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/markets/bonds.html

#42     Dec 15, 2005

3. rofl!!! "the biggest net purchaser was the Caribbean.."

aren't they always?...lol

oh man.. who knew "the Carribean" had so much money?

#43     Dec 15, 2005
  4. ``We are still very bullish on the U.S. economy,'' said Michael Mewes, who manages $3.6 billion of bonds as head of fixed income at JPMorgan Fleming Asset Management in Frankfurt. ``We prefer to be short Treasuries.''

Bullish on the economy and short treasuries.
    Sounds like a hedge to me...

Thanks for that post!

#44     Dec 15, 2005
  5. Bonds continued their treck higher last week.
    Was it wednesday they gained a full point?
    Next pivot 113 1/2 ...

#45     Dec 18, 2005
  6. landboy

landboy

Made a good chunk of money with that one move after the Fed, but haven't sold yet, I'm still hoping to scale more in as we get into the new year. Right now I'm just scared of the holiday doldrums (lack of volume) and maybe the foreign buyers having taken a prolonged holiday break

wait and see

#46     Dec 18, 2005
  7. Surdo

Surdo

I had a nice "Month" on that move!
    I am getting back in next 1/2 point sell off.

Perhaps 114 is a sale?

Volume is going to dry out after Wednesday for the year, possible opportunity to buy weakness.

#47     Dec 18, 2005
  8. Great to hear it!
    That's what posting on this board should be all about: everyone helping each other.
    Light volume provides buying opptunites?

#48     Dec 18, 2005
  9. Possibly, makes sense.
    114? Don't know as of yet
    Anticipating a lot more, if what I'm seeing in stocks is valid.

#49     Dec 18, 2005
  10. Surdo

Surdo

Light Volume means potential Volatility!...(either direction)

I take profits off the table from time to time just to ring the register and remain long biased.

We bounced nicely off of 4.60% late November.

#50     Dec 18, 2005